Jon Jones Vs. Stipe Miocic Being Considered By The UFC

GetSmoked

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Source: https://punditarena.com/mma/ccunnin...-vs-stipe-miocic-being-considered-by-the-ufc/

I've always prefered this fight and Jones did mention he would love to challenge himself to fight the best and that would be Stipe. He already beat DC twice so he has nothing to prove but this fight makes more sense. No doubt Stipe will get his belt back once DC retires.

Miocic gets the most respect in a potential fight with Jones. His size, power, and experience present a challenge, but Miocic can be sloppy in stand-up exchanges and far too easy to hit. I can see him having difficulty finding Jones and running into destructive counter strikes. He would most likely lose but no doubt give Jones a tough fight.

Titanic sinks

Source: https://punditarena.com/mma/ccunnin...-vs-stipe-miocic-being-considered-by-the-ufc/

I've always prefered this fight and Jones did mention he would love to challenge himself to fight the best and that would be Stipe. He already beat DC twice so he has nothing to prove but this fight makes more sense. No doubt Stipe will get his belt back once DC retires.

Miocic gets the most respect in a potential fight with Jones. His size, power, and experience present a challenge, but Miocic can be sloppy in stand-up exchanges and far too easy to hit. I can see him having difficulty finding Jones and running into destructive counter strikes. He would most likely lose but no doubt give Jones a tough fight.

You're only a day late!

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jon-jones-vs-stipe-miocic-being-considered-by-the-ufc.3932997/

Winner gets the winner of Brock vs Cormier?

Good stuffs!

Reporters reached out to Stipe for a comment, who was found down at the local firehall, napping on a cot.

"Haha, yeauh, I'm up for aueheghh....Hahah.....a.uaehghh I mean I'm up for the fight, y'know? uaHHhh."

upload_2019-3-23_15-40-7.jpeg

lol yeah right. jones will continue to fight mw. all his strengths are negated at hw

lol yeah right. jones will continue to fight mw. all his strengths are negated at hw
What strengths are negated at HW? He still has a reach advantage against most if not all. Hell, he beat the HW champ, twice.

jones isn't fighting Stipe unless he has the belt. The only non belt fight for him at HWT would be Brock, big money. Other than that, he can make as much money fighting at his natural weight class.

lol Jon vs. Stipe non-title would be one of the most useless fights to make at this point. Stipe is coming off a first round knockout loss to DC and has no title. Jon is only interested in continuing his legacy, beating up an overrated fighter in Stipe that is coming off a loss does nothing to build his legacy. He will most likely fight in the co-main event of the international fight week card with McGregor/Diaz against Thiago Santos.

In otherwards, stop reading yellow journalism OP

I doubt Jones has the balls to take that fight. I’ll believe it when I see it.

not really surprised. supposedly the ufc wanted to book this matchup for UFC 218 before Jones' USADA troubles

might be a unpopular opinion, but to me this is the most interesting current matchup for jones in the ufc landscape. I think stipe has the boxing credentials paired with HW power and takedown defense to be a legitimate matchup for jones. saying this, I still believe there isn't a fighter right now who can beat jon and jon still is likely at least a 2-1 favorite in this fight

ultimately though I don't believe chael and highly doubt we see this fight happening next

0.0% chance of happening. Jones was already fought 7 rounds with the current HW champ who KO Stipe inside 1.

What strengths are negated at HW? He still has a reach advantage against most if not all. Hell, he beat the HW champ, twice.

You make it seems like HW's are as small as LHW's. Who are you kidding?Most HW's are 6'4 while most LHW's are 6'1 so yeah most of his strengths like height would get negated. He will still have a 2-5 inch reach advantage against most but at least they will be same height and longer reach.

It doesnt matter though since Jones has been talking about moving to HW for about 10 years and I am still waiting.

Only time I'll support a champion fighting outside of his weight class. LHW is terrible. Even the "promising prospects" like Reyes and Walker are laughably bad. JBJ vs Stipe would be great. Book it, egg.

Back