It was stupid not to give cain a tune up fight

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Why would you throw cain, who has been gone for 3 years, in to the lions den with the number 3 rank who has savage KO power and is hard to take down when he is fresh.

Even dom cruz took a lower ranked guy to shake of the ring rust before he went for his title again.

Poor thinking by dana and the matchmakers. At least cain was smart enough to get a new contract and pay rise before that humiliating defeat.

He should have been a co-main event against a lower ranked guy. Oh well, lets see who he gets next, when he gets back from his latest injury.

And if he’d blown his knee out against a nobody, every hater would have a field day with it.

And if he’d blown his knee out against a nobody, every hater would have a field day with it.
bro the knee blew out because cain fell in a bad way since he was rocked from the punch

i don't think he would get KO'd that easily by a 'nobody'. francis is a fucking monster, and many predicted cain would lose by 1st round ko/tko.

on topic though yes he should have had a tune-up fight. just stupid af to put him against ngannou.

Where were you when they threw Lesnar in against Carwin after his first bout with Diverticulitis? Or to book a fight a fight with Cain so soon afterward? Or to book a fight with Ubereem after the second bout and surgery?

Damn, stop whining.

Definitely should’ve took a tune up, but I can respect Cain for going right in the deep end after a huge lay off.

him taking the Francis fight shows the type of balls he has though. I dont think he wins that fight in his prime. He sure could of used a much better match up. Hopefully he will be back i think he can still work his way up to a title shot. he just needs to avoid francis lol

when you fight once every 4 years why waste it on a tuneup fight..

Why would you throw cain, who has been gone for 3 years, in to the lions den with the number 3 rank who has savage KO power and is hard to take down when he is fresh.

Even dom cruz took a lower ranked guy to shake of the ring rust before he went for his title again.

Poor thinking by dana and the matchmakers. At least cain was smart enough to get a new contract and pay rise before that humiliating defeat.

He should have been a co-main event against a lower ranked guy. Oh well, lets see who he gets next, when he gets back from his latest injury.
Against who?

UFC doesnt do tune up fights bud, he get thrown right back into the wolves but if someone remotly gets a tune up people will start saying why are they fighting a bum.

Dana and the UFC are not to blame
They want to build up the younger, active fighter
This result was a home run for them

Cain's management are the ones that fucked up and didn't do their job

I imagine he's making too much money per fight for the UFC to throw him a tune up fight

He almost has to main event or be a co main of a PPV

Can't pay a guy 300k just to show and then throw him a scrub

This. Who is he supposed to fight? A fighter of his caliber is supposed to fight who?

Maybe olenik who just beat hunt. That wouldnt have been a tune up but a better fight to ease him back in.

Dana and the UFC are not to blame
They want to build up the younger, active fighter
This result was a home run for them

Cain's management are the ones that fucked up and didn't do their job

If you believe that you're dumb as shit my man haha. Dana hasnt had a single good thing to say about Francis since Stipe/Blackbeast - this was ment to prop Cain up, not Francis.

I imagine he's making too much money per fight for the UFC to throw him a tune up fight

He almost has to main event or be a co main of a PPV

Can't pay a guy 300k just to show and then throw him a scrub

The fight lasted 20 seconds, you may as well have let him beat on a lower ranked fighter for a couple of rounds to get back in the groove and get some hype back on him. Now everyone is just laughing at the washed up injury prone cain

praguematic-9.gif

The fight lasted 20 seconds, you may as well have let him beat on a lower ranked fighter for a couple of rounds to get back in the groove and get some hype back on him. Now everyone is just laughing at the washed up injury prone cain
I agree with you, I'm just saying the UFC is gonna throw him a lower ranked guy when he's making 300k just to show

Back