I always liked Nick Diaz.

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But in hindsight I don’t think he has any really impressive wins in MMA?

Correct me if I’m wrong. I think he came up in an era in the sport where Jiu Jitsu and boxing were all you needed.

If you were two dimensional and in shape you had an advantage over most b and c level fighters.

I would probably consider Nick and his brother A- level fighters. The kinds of guys you need to fill up your division.

He fucked up Lawler when Lawler was being thought of as the Tyson of MMA. B.J, Noons, Gomi, Shamrock?

Nate has a granite chin and good boxing, aside from that he's somewhat underwhelming.

But in hindsight I don’t think he has any really impressive wins in MMA?

Correct me if I’m wrong. I think he came up in an era in the sport where Jiu Jitsu and boxing were all you needed.

If you were two dimensional and in shape you had an advantage over most b and c level fighters.

I would probably consider Nick and his brother A- level fighters. The kinds of guys you need to fill up your division.

Nick knocked out Paul Daley. A guy who has only been knocked out like twice in 60 fights

big fan of the diaz bros, but at this point its hard to defend their behavior over the last few years. its just sad now. wouldve rather just seen them retire than become what they are atm.

People aren’t calling them the best they’re just really entertaining fighters. In a sport where people are accused of LnP that goes a long way. They are rarely finished and always try to finish in every fight. As much as I appreciate a dominating performance that ends in decision I’ll prefer the finishers. Win or lose.

tenor.gif

Diaz bros' fights are always fun, that's all that matters. Who cares about rankings and belts, the Diaz deliver when they fight.

The paul daley fight is one of my favorite fights. But ya mma has evolved way past him. Having a black belt in bjj, have great boxing and tough as nails was a solid combination back in the day.

Back