Joe Schilling in Cowboy's corner last night

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was that the first time that Cerrone trained with & was cornered by Schilling? If so, it definitely seems to have done him some good. Sure, he appeared a bit tight early on but once he got past the midway point of the first round he absolutely owned Hernandez.
It was strange seeing Schilling on a UFC card as I'm so used to seeing him fight in Bellator.

Schilling is the one who told him not to shave. He should be fired.

Schilling is the one who told him not to shave. He should be fired.
This is the first time we've seen Norwood 3 Cerrone, and he looked unstoppable.

Schilling gave him good advice imo.

Hernandez was just another over hyped prospect talking shit

joe should keep his shilling to his podcast and stop talking his shit when fighters are trying to fight.

Anyone watch that stupid zombie show on SciFi... name will come back in a second. Joe looks like The Murphy

Z-Nation
MurphysLaw3.png

joe should keep his shilling to his podcast and stop talking his shit when fighters are trying to fight.

You may have come up short, but I applaud you reaching for the stars with that horrific pun.

Last edited:
I didn't even know that Schilling had his own podcast. The only time that I've seen him on a podcast was when he was on the JRE last year. Other than that & when he fights on Bellator all my info on Schilling is a couple/few years old. That's because my fiance used to date him back when she used to work as a PT/med tech for The OC Fight Doc out of Team Oyama's Training Center in Huntington Beach.
Which, was just a bit awkward on my part seeing as how I became a fan of his back when I saw him knock out Melvin Manhoef which I found out was right around the time that she was dating him ( I didn't meet her until 2017 ). So yeah, the love of my life was once in a relationship with one of my favorite kickboxers/MMA fighters. Talk about bizarre.
That's what I get for falling for a SoCal/OC girl who loves MMA ( we actually met on Facebook in an MMA discussion group ). I never fought MMA but I was a pro boxer & I'm a black belt in American kickboxing & Kajukenbo/Hawaiian Kempo. All of which worked in my favor with her.

I didn't even know that Schilling had his own podcast. The only time that I've seen him on a podcast was when he was on the JRE last year. Other than that & when he fights on Bellator all my info on Schilling is a couple/few years old. That's because my fiance used to date him back when she used to work as a PT/med tech for The OC Fight Doc out of Team Oyama's Training Center in Huntington Beach.
Which, was just a bit awkward on my part seeing as how I became a fan of his back when I saw him knock out Melvin Manhoef which I found out was right around the time that she was dating him ( I didn't meet her until 2017 ). So yeah, the love of my life was once in a relationship with one of my favorite kickboxers/MMA fighters. Talk about bizarre.
That's what I get for falling for a SoCal/OC girl who loves MMA ( we actually met on Facebook in an MMA discussion group ). I never fought MMA but I was a pro boxer & I'm a black belt in American kickboxing & Kajukenbo/Hawaiian Kempo. All of which worked in my favor with her.
You have the most interesting posts/pics. Kudos sir

You have the most interesting posts/pics. Kudos sir
Thanks, man. I appreciate you saying so.
Honestly, as I go about my life day to day I don't think about it as having been all that interesting. But, when I reflect on things as I write about them here or while talking to my fiance, I realize that yeah, it hasn't been all that ordinary of a life after all. But, contrary to a negative comment that I got here the other day, I don't mention these things to blow my own horn but rather in order to have something interesting to say here. And, I figure that others might like to hear about my days as an amateur & pro fighter, a sparring partner for some big name fighters, a martial artist & a guy just living his life in & around the fight game.

Thanks, man. I appreciate you saying so.
Honestly, as I go about my life day to day I don't think about it as having been all that interesting. But, when I reflect on things as I write about them here or while talking to my fiance, I realize that yeah, it hasn't been all that ordinary of a life after all. But, contrary to a negative comment that I got here the other day, I don't mention these things to blow my own horn but rather in order to have something interesting to say here. And, I figure that others might like to hear about my days as an amateur & pro fighter, a sparring partner for some big name fighters, a martial artist & a guy just living his life in & around the fight game.
Ppl are childish, personally I like stuff like that

Ppl are childish, personally I like stuff like that
Thanks again, man.
So, I'm curious about something. Were you in my shoes, how would you have dealt with the fact that your fiance had dated one of your favorite fighters? She was upfront with me about her having been close friends with a lot of fighters ( she was particularly close with Carla Esparza & Shane Del Rosario before his death ) & that she had dated a couple of them but she didn't mention that one of them was Schilling until we were already engaged & living together. It had just never come up until then. It didn't bother me. I mean, I spent a huge portion of my life around famous fighters so it's actually sort of cool that she did as well.
But, at the same time, it was just sort of odd finding out that Schilling was one of them. It made watching his last fight back in November an interesting experience, that's for sure. As was seeing him in Cowboy's corner last night.
I still like the guy as a fighter but still haven't quite gotten my head around the fact that she dated him. LOL.

Was that the first time that Cerrone trained with & was cornered by Schilling? If so, it definitely seems to have done him some good. Sure, he appeared a bit tight early on but once he got past the midway point of the first round he absolutely owned Hernandez.
It was strange seeing Schilling on a UFC card as I'm so used to seeing him fight in Bellator.

No it wasn't the first time they trained together

Back