Joe Schilling in Cowboy's corner last night

Thanks again, man.
So, I'm curious about something. Were you in my shoes, how would you have dealt with the fact that your fiance had dated one of your favorite fighters? She was upfront with me about her having been close friends with a lot of fighters ( she was particularly close with Carla Esparza & Shane Del Rosario before his death ) & that she had dated a couple of them but she didn't mention that one of them was Schilling until we were already engaged & living together. It had just never come up until then. It didn't bother me. I mean, I spent a huge portion of my life around famous fighters so it's actually sort of cool that she did as well.
But, at the same time, it was just sort of odd finding out that Schilling was one of them. It made watching his last fight back in November an interesting experience, that's for sure. As was seeing him in Cowboy's corner last night.
I still like the guy as a fighter but still haven't quite gotten my head around the fact that she dated him. LOL.
Yeah that'd be a trip for sure, though I'm not sure anything's THAT crazy about it. You seem fine with it that's probably the best approach. Special gals require quality men, so I figure aim to be of high quality, anything else is not in your court.

Hope that made sense..? Lol

Yeah that'd be a trip for sure, though I'm not sure anything's THAT crazy about it. You seem fine with it that's probably the best approach. Special gals require quality men, so I figure aim to be of high quality, anything else is not in your court.

Yep, no worries. You made perfect sense.
And, you hit the nail on the head. It's a trip. But, in a cool way.
We all have our pasts. It just so happens that her's includes a world-class kickboxer/MMA fighter. Which is a hell of a lot more interesting than the chiropractor that she was seeing between Joe & me. LOL.

Who was they guys in his corner? Didnt recognize anyone. Even Greg was out.

Lol u missed all the fallout from his last fight?

There was good juicy drama and gossip from it bro.

All new corner after the winklejohn beef / fight with Perry. His new corner is a good look for him though.

So far his new corner/team has worked wonders. Let's keep it that way.

Caught that but didnt Greg coach him anyways? Or was it just talking. I know Wink has been gone a long time. What happenend to the buff tatoo muy thai coach?

They are a bunch of strangers he pulled from the crowd when he entered the arena. That’s cowboy. Gives 0 fucks.

Don't miss the video of Winkejohn going on a rant against Cerrone after he finished Mike Perry. And right after Winkejohn just finished sniffing glue by the way he looked and sounded in it.

Don't miss the video of Winkejohn going on a rant against Cerrone after he finished Mike Perry. And right after Winkejohn just finished sniffing glue by the way he looked and sounded in it.

Hahaha

Their lil empire is crumbling down, along with their mental state haha

The last 2 fights. Since he left Jacksons.

Was that the first time that Cerrone trained with & was cornered by Schilling? If so, it definitely seems to have done him some good. Sure, he appeared a bit tight early on but once he got past the midway point of the first round he absolutely owned Hernandez.
It was strange seeing Schilling on a UFC card as I'm so used to seeing him fight in Bellator.
Cerrone looked like classic cerrone last night why are people acting like he turned some big corner and looked awesome he is almost always looks good he's 10-2 in his last 12 at LW

Cerrone looked like classic cerrone last night why are people acting like he turned some big corner and looked awesome he is almost always looks good he's 10-2 in his last 12 at LW

And he he lost a bad decision vs Robbie. Still doesn't change the fact that his chin seems to be gone. One flush shot and he goes down and gives up. Least he did vs Masvidal and Till.

And he he lost a bad decision vs Robbie. Still doesn't change the fact that his chin seems to be gone. One flush shot and he goes down and gives up. Least he did vs Masvidal and Till.
Losing by strikes to two solid strikers in a higher weight class hardly says you have a bad chin

Losing by strikes to two solid strikers in a higher weight class hardly says you have a bad chin

It's the way he lost. They land one clean punch and he's down and just quits. Like he did against RDA.

I thought he beat Robbie, but wasn't surprised at the decision because of some of his reaction behavior in the third. Like Henderson vs Bisping when Yves didn't let the judges know that the only strike that hurt Hendo was a low blow that won Bisping that decisive round.

It's the way he lost. They land one clean punch and he's down and just quits. Like he did against RDA.

I thought he beat Robbie, but wasn't surprised at the decision because of some of his reaction behavior in the third. Like Henderson vs Bisping when Yves didn't let the judges know that the only strike that hurt Hendo was a low blow that won Bisping that decisive round.
Well, we'll see what happens now that he's back at 155 & hoping for either another title opportunity or a big money fight with Conor. We'll have to see if his son's birth is the big motivator that he says it is. And, if his new training/corner relationship with Schilling is as good as it appeared to be in his last two fights.
As for his chin, I don't think it was ever as gone as it appeared to be against Masvidal & Till. Those were bigger guys than "Cowboy" & I don't think he was willing to let them tee off on him & shorten his career by putting him spark out. Thus, it appearing as though he packed it in both times.

Just thought I'd let you know about something comical that occurred between my fiance & I last night. We were watching a post-fight follow-up story on "Cowboy" Cerrone on ESPN & Schilling was heavily featured in it so I teased her about him & I being "Eskimo Brothers" & she had no idea what I was talking about. She'd actually never heard the term before.
So, when I explained it to her she thought it was hilarious. She was an excellent sport about it. Like we discussed earlier, all of us past our teens all have our pasts. Her's at least includes someone interesting. It sure beats some random dude that sells insurance for a living, right? LOL.

Dad cerrone with a new corner looks good. Usually they feed vets to the new age and get dominated but cerrone showed what a true vet really is , hes great

Back