Megan Anderson tweets: "Strip her then... I'll fight Cris for the vacant 145 title..."

Do you agree with Megan?

• Total voters
Can Kayla even make 45?

That division is not long for this world.

Amanda should give Megan a title shot just to kick her ass and vacate the belt afterwards.

Meh. Nunez is the Real Champ at 145 whether they strip her or not.

I doubt if Amanda cares that much, she has all the challengers she needs at 135, and once she gets tired of that she can go fight the Fake Champ at 145.

Who the hell is this chick talking all the trash anyway? And does she really think fighting Cyborg at 145 is going to work out for her?

She should just relinquish the title then so the division can move on.

I agree with what somebody is another thread said about this type of situation : why not just have a "Superfight" belt or trophy when the challenger comes from a different weight class and has no intention of actually defending the belt? It makes more sense than this silliness where we have a belt being held by a champ who will never defend it.

This isn't a dig on Nunes as I totally understand her wanting to fight the best female fighter in the UFC. But it's clear that she wants to go back to 135 and it makes sense because who the hell is left at 145? It just doesn't make sense that she now holds the belt for a division in which she will likely never fight again.

So fed up with the "double champ" thing and now here comes the "champ champ champ"... Without disrespect, nunes reminds me of McGregor who beat Aldo quick and never did a rematch probably thinking he got lucky. Yes, Nunes is the toughest female fighter in the world but doing a single fight to do the stupid "champ champ" thing and then getting the hell out saying you will never do 145 again is lame. And thank you UFC for this Champion vs Champion stupidity who breaks division, I will not say the 145 division was deep but with Cyborg defeated, it doesn't make any sense to keep it.

I agree with what somebody is another thread said about this type of situation : why not just have a "Superfight" belt or trophy when the challenger comes from a different weight class and has no intention of actually defending the belt? It makes more sense than this silliness where we have a belt being held by a champ who will never defend it.

This isn't a dig on Nunes as I totally understand her wanting to fight the best female fighter in the UFC. But it's clear that she wants to go back to 135 and it makes sense because who the hell is left at 145? It just doesn't make sense that she now holds the belt for a division in which she will likely never fight again.

That was me !! (very proud of myself ^^).

Make the division 145+ and have all those Brazilian PED girls fight each other.

If Megan wants to fight Cyborg I am fine with that but Cyborg does not deserve anything.

What is getting old is every champ has been put under pressure by some fans to fight Cyborg even though there is no reason a 135 pound competitor should have to. I am no Amanda fan but Amanda did what this fans wanted even though she was not obligated to do so. Those of you claiming she should fight a rematch are being a bit unrealistic. This happened due to fan pressure, not because she wants to be at 145. She did what people wanted, it is done, it is over, she can go back to her weight class now.

So fed up with the "double champ" thing and now here comes the "champ champ champ"... Without disrespect, nunes reminds me of McGregor who beat Aldo quick and never did a rematch probably thinking he got lucky. Yes, Nunes is the toughest female fighter in the world but doing a single fight to do the stupid "champ champ" thing and then getting the hell out saying you will never do 145 again is lame. And thank you UFC for this Champion vs Champion stupidity who breaks division, I will not say the 145 division was deep but with Cyborg defeated, it doesn't make any sense to keep it.

Perhaps people should not wine so much then when people don't want to fight over their weight class then.

Time to retire the 145lb division from the UFC.

Besides Cyborg, the best FW's are fighters that have fought at and can/do still fight at BW (Nunes, Holm, De Randamie and to a lesser extent, Cat Zingano).

Let the FW division develop in Bellator or even let Invicta rebuild their FW division and come back to it in a few years if/when there's enough decent fighters to actually have a proper division.

It's the Cyborg division and she's only got one fight left on her contract anyway. Maybe get a Nunes vs Cyborg/Holm/Anderson fight out of the way on the same card as Cyborg's last fight (Either Nunes vs Holm & Cyborg vs Anderson or just do the Nunes vs Cyborg rematch as the headliner/co-headliner) and call it a day for now.

Only true champ champ is DC. You can say he is a paper champ at lhw, but officially he was the champ and defended at both weight classes. Fact.

The male 145lb belt was very legitimate though, the female belt was basically created for Cyborg in an ultra weak division depending on 135lbs moving up, the UFC should just ditch the whole division now Cyborg's credibility is dead IMHO.

Her asking for a TS against Cyborg for a vacant 145 title is about as laughable as Kevin Lee asking for a 165 division with himself getting the inaugural title shot against GSP.

Back