375X1 Deadlift Form Check

Rossini

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This is a new PR for me and probably extremely close to my max judging by bar speed.

375X1:
[YT]E3Iusj0YBVc[/YT]

2 months ago doing 315X5:

I took the advice to "pull the slack" off the bar which was criticized in my older video, although my descent still seems a little slow and awkward. I also tried to keep my head more neutral and didn't hyper extend my back which I can see from the older video as well.

Thanks.

nice solid setup and pull.
one problem is the crooked bar path when it goes over your knees. Its especially pronounced in the eccentric of your 5rep set. Force ass back so it travels in a straight line.

This is a new PR for me and probably extremely close to my max judging by bar speed.

375X1:

2 months ago doing 315X5:

I took the advice to "pull the slack" off the bar which was criticized in my older video, although my descent still seems a little slow and awkward. I also tried to keep my head more neutral and didn't hyper extend my back which I can see from the older video as well.

Thanks.

The descent doesn't really matter. It's the concentric portion of the lift that counts. You can actually hurt yourself from descending too slowly. I prefer to just "grip it and rip it," drop the bar after a lift but in a controlled fashion, reset the grip and repeat.

That first video reminded me of this parody of that Elvis tune.

Thanks for the advice everyone, really want to get to that 405. But I want to make sure my form is good and not rush anything.

The descent doesn't really matter. It's the concentric portion of the lift that counts. You can actually hurt yourself from descending too slowly. I prefer to just "grip it and rip it," drop the bar after a lift but in a controlled fashion, reset the grip and repeat.

That first video reminded me of this parody of that Elvis tune.

LMFAO at the vid.

The pull looked good. You raise your hips a bit at the beginning but not much and you keep your back straight.

The descent looks like crap. You are not pushing your ass back and the bar has to navigate around your knees pushing in front of your shoulders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back