• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

37 fights since new gloves. Only 5 KOs/ TKOs

It was only a good idea at the time for those who benefit from the ad bombardment that is even worse than before. They knew the "upgrade" was/is garbage. I had to get a different browser just for sherdog on the phone.

Yeah, ad revenue trumps user experience sir...smh.

Margarito has something to say about this which I think Dana has to listen otherwise its a complete failure.

I can't tell you the 37 exact fights, but I can tell you the basic averages. Focusing on 37 fights on the other side makes no sense anyway because we have a much bigger sample size to compare to with the old gloves.

2021: 33%
2022: 33%
2023: 31%

5/37 (if these are the real numbers) = 14%

We still obviously need a bigger sample size but the trend is starting to indicate there could be a problem. We will wait and see.

Yeah, it's probably important to compare data sample sets of equal size. We'll see what things look like in the next couple of years.

Bring back the old gloves, because these fuckin things haven't thwarted a single eye poke.
Also it seems like almost nobody can generate power with them...even fighters that normally have pop.

These gloves remind me of the recent upgrade of this site.
Seemed like a good idea at the time, but as hindsight goes...it wasn't.
i basically stopped using this site after it (this is the first post since.)

the adds on mobile are disgusting. Multiple pops ups that are hard to close, spawning right next to scrolling finger etc.

Its like they trying to run this down.

Whats with these new gloves and KO threads...

Like wtf is this shit...Gloves dont determine KOs this isnt a game ...this is real life...

The gloves have the same KO function as the old ones..

Have people lost their minds?

i basically stopped using this site after it (this is the first post since.)

the adds on mobile are disgusting. Multiple pops ups that are hard to close, spawning right next to scrolling finger etc.

Its like they trying to run this down.

Install the 'Brave' browser, you'll never get a popup again.

I can't tell you the 37 exact fights, but I can tell you the basic averages. Focusing on 37 fights on the other side makes no sense anyway because we have a much bigger sample size to compare to with the old gloves.

2021: 33%
2022: 33%
2023: 31%

5/37 (if these are the real numbers) = 14%

We still obviously need a bigger sample size but the trend is starting to indicate there could be a problem. We will wait and see.
Some of those KOs were from kicks, knees, elbows, ground and pound.....the new gloves/fewer KOs theory would only apply to KOs by punches while on the feet, no?

Last edited:
Lighter gloves means less force? If speed is constant between gloves for the same fighter then a punch will have less power because of reduced mass?

They should just do Poke for a poke
If a fighter gets eye poked, they reset and he gets a free eyepoke on his opponent
Stand there and take it like a man

Back