• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

37 fights since new gloves. Only 5 KOs/ TKOs

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
37 fights have taken place since new gloves were introduced.
Only 5 KOs/ TKOs have happened (not counting Perez knee injury).

Thoughts?

Mod note- for comparison there were 12 KOs/TKOs in the 37 fights before the new gloves, with 3 of those of non punching means (a knee, a kick, and a cut stoppage, so 9 gloved KO/TkOs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sew these in. How ya doing btw? What are you up too this late on a Saturday (Sunday now)?

Get four wives and then they surely could not deny your right to wear four wedding rings lol.

Me, I am just scanning the internet for more wives <lmao> (one is MORE THEN ENOUGH)

Really tho - just chilling, finishing off some paperwork and gonna hit the wine bottle soon. Then probably some cooking probably :)

How are you convalescing? Back home?

Get four wives and then they surely could not deny your right to wear four wedding rings lol.

Me, I am just scanning the internet for more wives <lmao> (one is MORE THEN ENOUGH)

Really tho - just chilling, finishing off some paperwork and gonna hit the wine bottle soon. Then probably some cooking probably :)

How are you convalescing? Back home?
I'm bored with my 2 cats sleeping on me (can't move). Just watching TV and scanning Sherdog, fixing to pass out for the night probably. ✌️

How many KOs in the 37 fights BEFORE the new gloves?

I can't tell you the 37 exact fights, but I can tell you the basic averages. Focusing on 37 fights on the other side makes no sense anyway because we have a much bigger sample size to compare to with the old gloves.

2021: 33%
2022: 33%
2023: 31%

5/37 (if these are the real numbers) = 14%

We still obviously need a bigger sample size but the trend is starting to indicate there could be a problem. We will wait and see.

37 fights have taken place since new gloves were introduced.
Only 5 KOs/ TKOs have happened (not counting Perez knee injury).

Thoughts?

Bring back the old gloves, because these fuckin things haven't thwarted a single eye poke.
Also it seems like almost nobody can generate power with them...even fighters that normally have pop.

These gloves remind me of the recent upgrade of this site.
Seemed like a good idea at the time, but as hindsight goes...it wasn't.

I can't tell you the 37 exact fights, but I can tell you the basic averages. Focusing on 37 fights on the other side makes no sense anyway because we have a much bigger sample size to compare to with the old gloves.

2021: 33%
2022: 33%
2023: 31%

5/37 (if these are the real numbers) = 14%

We still obviously need a bigger sample size but the trend is starting to indicate there could be a problem. We will wait and see.

There are lies, damn lies, then there are statistics.

Was gunna make a thread similar to this myself, funny enough. Gotta see how the next few cards come out though, esp with Paotan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saork76
Back