30 years ago, Douglas beat Tyson.

Why'd you assault them?

I watched this in absolute disbelief.
i think most people did, like Liston and Foreman, some people were calling tyson the greatest heavyweight ever, and some dummies even called him the greatest boxer ever. He was major at the time, like Michael Jordan in his sport, no one saw how fast and how far he would fall, except the naysayers like robin, katz, atlas, Holmes once said "he'll end up in San Quentin" which seemed like jealousy at the time but was prophetic. People were happy to see it though, just listen to sugar ray leonards voice when he stammers and says "it's over!" he couldn't contain himself. Ali, publicly was very respectful to tyson and even said on the arsenio hall show that he would lose to tyson, he called someone up, i forget who, and said "who are they going to say who would have won now? "

I was at my dad's house staying the night. My parents had separated years prior and me and my brother were spending the weekend over at his apartment in a neighboring city. I was shocked at the upset because back then Tyson in my eyes was about as close to invincible as you could get, especially to a kid.

Back