30-27?

I had it 30-27. Before the check on the cut Gilbert lit him up with a load of punches when they were throwing down. Diego didn't land anything. One knockdown with no lasting impact doesn't outdo all the sheer number of power shots Gil landed imo.

Agreed.

As a Gil fan that moment scared me, but aside from that 20-30 seconds, which gil recovered from and went back to work, Diego just got hit...a lot.

what about the end of round 1 where diego was rocked? or the multiple solid shots that buckled diego? diego was down amd besides that shot had nothing. also why are we all discussing this round? gil won pretty easily

Diego JUST won that last round in my opinion but 29 - 28, regardless a good a fight. Shame some morons on this forum can't appreciate it for just that.

Just another round diego "stole" by throwing lots of wild punches that were missing while he was getting tagged repeatedly...

I was half expecting another kampmann-esque decision

30-27 gil

I hate robbery decisions (who doesn't), but I was really hoping he would get the BS call from the judges. He wasn't supposed to be a challenge at all for Gil and he almost blew his brains out.

he wasn't besides that 1 punch

again one of this guys to thinks a knockdown and 15 sec scramble is enough to steal a round.....this is not boxing

what about the end of round 1 where diego was rocked? or the multiple solid shots that buckled diego? diego was down amd besides that shot had nothing. also why are we all discussing this round? gil won pretty easily

Yeah, it's pretty crazy like Diego's air punching captures the crowds. :)

Melendez was picking Diego apart right up till that knockdown, and right after that knockdown in the third round. I can see why people would give it to him.

he actually dropped him in the first and did out land him...a F TON!.

Gil won...

I hate robbery decisions (who doesn't), but I was really hoping he would get the BS call from the judges. He wasn't supposed to be a challenge at all for Gil and he almost blew his brains out.

The betting line was clearly off.

Funny how the people were saying Jones won R4 because he hurt Gus, but Diego dropping Gil means nothing.

is MMA not boxing.

I'm just saying, it's a double standard. I feel like, in reality, it comes down to who your favorite fighter is.

I thought Gus won R4, but Diego should've won R3 because of punching the feet right out from under Gil, taking his back twice, etc.

Gus didn't even get dropped, but Gil did.

Back