30-27?

JohnnyShotgun

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I agree that Melendez won the fight but no way was that was 30-27. Sanchez stole that 3rd round. Dropped Gil, got his back, almost got his back again; easy round to score for Sanchez IMO

Yeah, 29-28 Melendez easy. Not a hard fight to score.

But after seeing such huge fucking balls on Diego, I was hoping he would get the KO in the third. I like Gil. I think he's great. But damn, this was Diego's fight.

I had it 30-27. Before the check on the cut Gilbert lit him up with a load of punches when they were throwing down. Diego didn't land anything. One knockdown with no lasting impact doesn't outdo all the sheer number of power shots Gil landed imo.

Agreed that Diego definitely won the 3rd. I wish the ref would've stopped it when he dropped gil or that those two shitty judges gave him the dec.

I had it 30-27. Before the check on the cut Gilbert lit him up with a load of punches when they were throwing down. Diego didn't land anything. One knockdown with no lasting impact doesn't outdo all the sheer number of power shots Gil landed imo.

Pretty much this. Gil also escaped both situations and reversed the second takedown.

besides the knockdown what merits diego taking the 3rd? anyways gil won pretty easily

if diego lost the 3rd then jones lost the 4th. inconsistent bullshit

jones didnt even get the knock down

It's not boxing, getting a knockdown doesn't by default win you the round. Melendez was easily outscoring Diego in the 3rd round by a wide margin. 30-27 Melendez

Umm it kinda does in my book. Didnt land anything until he landed and putt gil on his ass. Power shots should be counted more because they have a higher chance of finishing the fight, but the proof is in the pudding. Diego proved HIS power shot had fight ending potential in that round; he was closer to ending the fight than Gilbert was, so the round should go to him. Its called stealing a round.

I'd be interested to see the stats. Diego was missing an awful lot and his defence seemed to consist of blocking punches with his face.

if diego lost the 3rd then jones lost the 4th. inconsistent bullshit

jones didnt even get the knock down

Yeah Jones should not have won round 4, but since Gus was not outscoring him terribly like Gil was doing to Diego, it should have been a draw round.

Yeah, 29-28 Melendez easy. Not a hard fight to score.

But after seeing such huge fucking balls on Diego, I was hoping he would get the KO in the third. I like Gil. I think he's great. But damn, this was Diego's fight.

I hate robbery decisions (who doesn't), but I was really hoping he would get the BS call from the judges. He wasn't supposed to be a challenge at all for Gil and he almost blew his brains out.

I could see the 3rd going to Gil. I gave it to Diego because he dropped him but for the most part it started as a Gil round and ended as a Gil round.

I gave the third to Diego based on that punch too, but I can see why you wouldn't. He didn't follow up with anything. He should have tried to lay some GNP and get a stoppage.

I can see the argument for Diego stealing the round, but other than one punch it was all Gil. I gave the round to Malendez.

Dude, it probably should have been 30-25.

Pretty much.

Save for Diego having back for like minute and that one uppercut, it was ALL Gil.

Ridiculously heavy punches, knees and kicks, in exchange like 9-1.

I hate robbery decisions (who doesn't), but I was really hoping he would get the BS call from the judges. He wasn't supposed to be a challenge at all for Gil and he almost blew his brains out.

for the most part, he wasnt a challenge. He landed a good punch.

Wait for the "Fightmetric" It is going to be hilarious

Back