3 years ago 3 straight titles changed hands as GSP, TJ and Rose all finished the champs

Favorite win?

• Total voters
GSP / Bisping. Good fight. GSP cuts easily. They were small knicks. Look at him right after the fight., or even right before he dropped Bisping at 4 min into the third. People over analyze that. They like to act like it was closer than it was. Claim GSP lost rnd 2. He didn't.

Rnd 1
Significant strikes
GSP - 15 of 35 - 42%
Bisping - 7 of 34 - 20% + 1 of 2 TD's.

Rnd 2
Significant Strikes
GSP - 17 of 42 - 40% + 1 of 1 TD.
Bisping - 12 of 54 - 22%

Rnd 3
GSP - 27 of 42 - 64% + 1 of 1 TD.
Bisping - 8 of 18 - 44%

GSP looked good against a tough Bisping. And Bisping went out on his shield. Never tapped, took a quick nap. Tough as they come.

51EPiw6qyWL.jpg

GSP/Bisping was basically even odds

giphy.gif

TJ was underdog to Cody

tj-finish-breakdown.gif

usa_today_10392777.0.jpg

Rose was a hooge underdog to Boogeywoman

3 bullies beaten by a left hook.

As opposed to Whittaker, Romero, Jacare, Mousasi, Rockhold, Weidman, even Brunson/Hall/Machida? The fight had no business being for a title
When you had Whittaker vs Romero for interim when both would have destroyed Mike...

Only for gsp to vacate which most people said he would as he looked for the easiest fight possible.

Good on him for moving up and winning but I never looked at bisping as the real champ once he ducked everyone possible and their was a interim title around.

Thompson also made Jorge look like a complete can that night.

goat card.

gsp winning was the best. such a good triumphant return, and at the weightclass above against a very solid fighter who had just had a great three fight streak over anderson, rockhold and hendo.

Already a classic. The whole event was fantastic, but those last 3 fights were fuckin nuts.

I remember saying at the time, "The Good Guys went 3 for 3." Since then, I may have been proven wrong.

<codychoke>.

I'll go with GSP,/Bisping because it was half-Superfight, but Rose/JJ is close.

Thug Rose getting a clean first round tko was a huge surprise. That was an upset, and while it's been proven that it was no fluke, the finish is still somewhat of an anomaly within that matchup. JJ had never been finished before or since, and that is Rose's only win via strikes. Very cool.

Besides the robbery of a deaf fighter what wrestler/grappler has Bisping beaten?

Bisping did not have some of the best TDD. In fact he's lost almost every fight he's had with a primary grappler except the Hammil robbery, the SD win in the UK over Thales and Mayhem. Everyone else he beat was a striker first.

I'll about that he was harder to keep down once down but he did not have some godly TDD. He was an easy fight for a primary grappler.
Given that I only ever saw the fight live, and it's been nearly a decade since, I could've sworn Bisping stuffed quite a bit of Sonnen's takedowns and even managed to take Sonnen down too. One could argue that he defeated Sonnen as it was a very close fight.

As I check FightMetric: Bisping stuffed 3 of 7, landed 1 of 3 in the Sonnen fight. Bisping did stuff 10 of 16 takedowns when he fought Evans though.

I dont think he had much gas left. The weight gain went bad according to him and his entire camp. Bisping has some of the best TDD @ MW and is near impossible to hold down plus a big size and prolly strength advantage.

GSP on top couldnt really do much. He was getting sliced by elbows, bleeding and noticably breathing heavily. It was 1-1 going into the 3rd. If he didnt land that left hook I dont think he wouldve won and hed prolly have gotten TKOd late
Agreed. Bisping was a bad matchup for GSP and much bigger. Lots of people thought he would win and had good reason to. Then he got choked out cold lol what a great card

Gsp finishing bisping, simply to remind everyone who the goat was, even after a 4 year hiatus to face someone who started out as a 15-1 LHW before going to MW, had good TDD, KO'D prime Luke, retired (jk, but was his last fight) Hendo, and dropped the previous MW GOAT Anderson Silva cruising to a decision win.

I most enjoyed it because GSP haters hated the fact that GSP finished the guy who beat their idol in Silva, literally all his haters at the time were claiming he was going to lose, that he should've gone after boring ass Woodley, and that GSP was washed.

Only for me to come back onto the forum too see them have full on meltdowns making excuses, and me screen shotting a thread of TheSpider/toner finally admitted GSP was GOAT, knowing he's crying on the inside. (Too bad lost that SS on my old HD :()

Now they're excuses is he cherry picked or has one eye, not realizing that just makes Silva look worse too.:rolleyes:

Man, that was a great card.

Gsp #1, Rose #2, & TJ #3.

This card was 3 years ago?! Oh my god my life is moving too fast.

I watched that for my birthday with friends at home. It was an AMAZING night. The GSP's fight was absolutly sick. The GOAT, coming out of retirement to win another belt was bonkers.

The JJ/Rose fight was incredible too. The Dillasnake/Neck Tats was too, but since we now have the power of hindsights...

Back