#3 Stephen Thompson vs. #4 Carlos Condit

Who wins?

• Total voters

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Stephen Thompson just moved up 5 spots and is now the #3 ranked Welterweight. Condit is right under him.

Does this make sense?

Tough call. I think Condit's style gives him a good chance.

So I'll go with Carlos.

Condit said he would only accept a title fight. But let's hope we get Condit vs Lawler 2 and Condit wins. Cause I really wanna see this match uo.

Oh and I think Condit would take it. Let's see how Thompson does in the pocket against someone like Condit.

Wonderboy by being a better striker and Condit not being able to take him down.

Condit is unpredictable and has a nasty submission game. But if he fails to mix it up with takedowns, he isnt going to win a pure striking match (unless he can land a hail mary). Id say about 60/40 Condit

Rankings don't matter

I voted wonderboy.

But its a toss up straight standup wonderboy should win but i wouldnt be shocked to see carlos add in some takedowns and get a win

Condit has the chin and output to keep WB from getting too flowy with his striking, but it would need him to get in closer then he usually does. Plus he has some sneaky trips and a good submission arsenal so he'd have a decent chance of winning. No idea who wins tho as WB is one of the best strikers in mma today and Condit mau want to test himself

Wonderboy is a stud. But i'll never bet against Condit in a 5 rounder.

wonder bread probably
He's big and strong with very sleek strikes
Condits striking isn't all that sleek it's kinda wonky but gets the job done like a faster Alan belcher

While this is a great fight, I'd rather see Wonderboy fight for the title. It would be a great fight, but I didn't like fights that set up title fight rematches. Plus Condit said he was thinking about retiring. Did he ever say what his big announcement was?

Wonderboy seems like the better striker but never count out Condit.

The ranking is right, but I think Condit would win. He's got a legendary chin, flowy attack and great ground game.

Of course he lost to Robbie Lawler, anyone who tries to fight Lawler with spirit will lose.

Isn't Condit retiring? In any case, it would be a good fight to see. Forget the naysayers, WW division is stacked. So many good matchups to see.

People are high on Wonderboy right now. I think you guys saying that Condit would get outstruck by him will be surprised.

Stephen Thompson just moved up 5 spots and is now the #3 ranked Welterweight. Condit is right under him.

Does this make sense?
I don't think anyone with a 2-4 record should stay at #4 spot...

these rankings are horrible!

Very interesting Fight should be fireworks if made , i think that Carlos does take this I might just be being swayed by my heart but i think a lot of people are just high on Wonderboy , sure his finish of hendricks was impressive but Carlos is a totally different fighter and style make fights as they say

Theyre both high level strikers with an elusive effect and we know this would be a pure standup war. I give the edge to Thompson because he has more finishing power in his strikes and he has less mileage on his body.

Back