#3 Stephen Thompson vs. #4 Carlos Condit

Who wins?

• Total voters
Condit relies on his chin wayyy too much. That works against predictable slow punchers, but Wonderboy would not let him off the hook.

hope the hype doesnt fade so quick for wonderboy hes an experienced vet although hes had less than 15 fights in mma his twitter followers are extremely low mad really considering his personality

Condit would reiterate his retirement threat if offered this fight.

Oh man for a second I thought this fight was real. You need something in the title to let everyone know it a hypothetical matchup.

Well yeh it makes sense cos Wonderboy just rightfully took Hendricks' spot. Condit only (officially) beat Alves. As for the matchup I think Wonderboy would expose Condit's overrated striking

Stephen Thompson just moved up 5 spots and is now the #3 ranked Welterweight. Condit is right under him.

Does this make sense?

Yup. Fight that makes the most sense imo unless Rory wants to tangle with Thompson. A lot of people thought Condit beat Lawler, well if he beats Thompson he's more than earned another crack. In the meantime Lawler/Woodley.

Would be a great scrap - tough to choose and I like both.

First time Condit gets knocked the fuck out unconscious.

Mark my words.

I got condit by Grit and Cardio. Wonderboy is great but i'm not sure he is gritty or has the ground game he needs if he does get dropped or taken down vs condit.

Condit tends to take punishment to give it. Thompson is very dynamic with his kicks and is more elusive. Wonderbra wins.

Picking Wonderboy due to standup advantage. Carlos is a game fighter with an iron chin, though. I really like both these guys. WW has too many likable fighters.

I dont know. The way Condit spoke after his last fight is sort of concerning, in that I don't know if he is 100% in this MMA thing anymore. I'd like to see Thompson up there in the midst of title contention, but Condit is one of my favorite fighters and would, of course, hope that he continues his career among the top. I'd hate to see wither guy lose, to be honest.

Back