3 Must do things to keep your de la riva guard

That's glorious. What a great video. You could actually learn some BJJ watching videos like that.

great stuff sir. fantastic videos and great skill cues. i shall sub and evangelize.

Great video! I notice you do not go in too deep with the delariva hook. I never played it because I never liked my knee in such an awkward position and sprained it once from someone coming down on it. So do you only go deep enough to basically hook the back of the one leg? And do you change your delariva at all when someone is in combat base opposed to standing?

I believe I'll be joining the been doing it wrong crew

Good video man. Simple techniques shown in an easy to grasp manner. Backstep counter was great.

Great video! I notice you do not go in too deep with the delariva hook. I never played it because I never liked my knee in such an awkward position and sprained it once from someone coming down on it. So do you only go deep enough to basically hook the back of the one leg? And do you change your delariva at all when someone is in combat base opposed to standing?

I believe I'll be joining the been doing it wrong crew

Hey steve. You can play a few positions with the hook to allow you to do different things. If you have knee trouble i highly suggest escaping your bum to sit on or outside their foot, it takes a lot of pressure off.

For combat base i play a specific hook that i haven't seen anyone outside of de la riva academy do yet (unless they came to the globetrotter bjj camp i taught it at lol). I might release the video on that at some point in the future

Hey steve. You can play a few positions with the hook to allow you to do different things. If you have knee trouble i highly suggest escaping your bum to sit on or outside their foot, it takes a lot of pressure off.

For combat base i play a specific hook that i haven't seen anyone outside of de la riva academy do yet (unless they came to the globetrotter bjj camp i taught it at lol). I might release the video on that at some point in the future
Thanks would love to see that one too.

Are you still currently in Brazil at Delariva? I was there in October and didn't get a chance to stop by delariva but a few guys from the trip stumbled upon it and grabbed a few pictures with him

Good video man. Simple techniques shown in an easy to grasp manner. Backstep counter was great.

Thanks! So easy and simple but a lot of guys dont do
Thanks would love to see that one too.

Are you still currently in Brazil at Delariva? I was there in October and didn't get a chance to stop by delariva but a few guys from the trip stumbled upon it and grabbed a few pictures with him

I was there in october, stayed till xmas. Back in england now though. Cold :( lol

Thanks! So easy and simple but a lot of guys dont do

I was there in october, stayed till xmas. Back in england now though. Cold :( lol

I'm in Chicago I know cold and miss those beaches and that weather!

Anyway awesome videos I will share your channel with my team

Back