2nd boxing exhibition

JonIsRaw

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone i have been lurking around these forums for a while now and have decided to finally make an account to join the community. These are my 2 recent fights (Boxing Exhibitions) i am currently 0-0 as an amateur and have been training MMA for 3 months. A lot of people have told me i have great potential for boxing though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6bZlClIJCE

^This was my first ever exhibition against a fighter from one of the best boxing clubs in my area who has 6 Amateur fights.

This is my 2nd exhibition from the other day against a great respectable guy who trains at the same gym as my first opponent who also has 6 Amateur fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqEddaeE9s

I am 0-0 as an amateur with only 2 exhibitions under my belt, i have been training for roughly 3 months straight but my coach thinks i can hang in with the big boys so i am willing to do so, appartently he roughly has 20 pounds on me, criticsm would be appreciated as i learn a lot from others opinions on what i should of done different etc. Im in the Red Gear and Gloves

Last edited:
I think seen as though they had more experience than you,you held your own very well.In the second fight in perticular you hit some good rights in the first 2 minutes,and some good body punches,well done mate,keep it up.

I think seen as though they had more experience than you,you held your own very well.In the second fight in perticular you hit some good rights in the first 2 minutes,and some good body punches,well done mate,keep it up.

Thanks man! I really tried to just stay relaxed and not tense up during the second fight like i did the first one, i let the adrenaline rush get the best of me my first time! I was battling a cold for the second fight though which really sucked because i started having a hard time breathing 3rd round with all the mucus stuck in the back of my throat

Thanks man! I really tried to just stay relaxed and not tense up during the second fight like i did the first one, i let the adrenaline rush get the best of me my first time! I was battling a cold for the second fight though which really sucked because i started having a hard time breathing 3rd round with all the mucus stuck in the back of my throat

You done good,got real potential,I'll follow you on you tube and see how you get on,good luck bro.

You done good,got real potential,I'll follow you on you tube and see how you get on,good luck bro.

Thanks a lot man best of luck to you as well! I am asking my coach if i can get an actual Amateur fight before gold gloves in April (Will be in novice since i have under 3 Fights) but i am looking forward to it!

Solid effort in both fights. You should feel proud of what you've accomplished in 3 months!

First video: I liked your general display of aggression in your first fight.

1:33 min mark that girl screams "Why you doing that?" in her funny accent. I felt the same way, I didn't understand why you went into your hard guard, moved forward as if you're a brawler, but didn't throw any punches and just let him hit you. That guy was so open just throwing these arm hooks over and over not protecting his face, jack that fool with an uppercut next time. Also next time if you want to close the distance, you can consider shooting your jab and walk him down.

Seemed like in this fight, you had a go-to move to throw a lead hook and do this obvious step forward when you threw it. I was surprised this guy had 6 amateur boxing matches, because it looked so apparent when you were going do step forward and throw a hook, that if this guy would have sat down and focused a couple straight shots down the pipe he would have hurt you. I think in your training you could be aware of this, and focus on leading with your straight shots. Closing the distance with this jump hook will be ill advised, especially if you're already talking about Golden Gloves tournaments because please believe those people will be on their shit.

Second Video: Bad footwork really stands out, you're not really moving in a way that is taught in boxing. Working with your coach, remembering to Keep your spacing, moving 1 foot then moving the other, and just learning how to pivot properly will keep your in better position to punch. For example, look at your feet at the 8:47-8:50 mark. A lot of moments in this fight where it looks like you start walking and then stand straight up briefly while you decide what to do next.

That 4:15 mark was a great combination on the inside. Hell yeah!

Back