tumblr_ni7d0u2OdK1tp719lo1_250.gif

tumblr_ni7d0u2OdK1tp719lo2_250.gif

You honestly believe that MM is pissed/bitter because his uncle (someone that MM has never met) was killed (before MM was born) by a sniper in a war over half a century ago?

That is a good point.

Sniper is just as part of a battle as anyone else is.

Thought this was interesting:

Iraqi theatre goers in Baghdad review 'American Sniper.'

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/iraq/150128/what-moviegoers-baghdad-think-american-sniper

While predictably, many were offended by Kyle's characterization of them as "savages," I was surprised by many of the other comments.

Some that stood out:

----------------------

“Some people watching were just concentrating, but others were screaming ‘F*ck, shoot him! He has an IED, don’t wait for permission!!’” Mohammed laughed, recounting the film’s many tense scenes when US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, played by Bradley Cooper, radios in for authorization to take out a potential threat in his crosshairs.

Mohammed says one of the film’s opening scenes, when Kyle spots a woman and child who appear to be preparing to attack US troops during the initial invasion of Iraq, had the entire audience on the edge of their seats.

“When the sniper was hesitating to shoot [the child holding the RPG] everyone was yelling ‘Just shoot him!’” he said.

-------------------

I'm sure you have to have money to afford to go out to the movies in Baghdad. Still, I wonder what the make-up of the crowd was? Mostly old Bathists and rick Shia, I'd imagine.

Back