Weidman has the best chin in MMA. Machida can punch him in the face all he wants and it won't even phase Chris. I don't even think JDS can KO Weidman if he punched him square on the jaw. Weidman's chin is the BEST there is in mma today.

dayum I love his forum..always good for a laugh.

For MMA fans u guys probably don't even know which stance Machida even stands in. That's something real to discuss.

Gargling another mans balls is not what I would consider discussion fights

You talk about Weidman happy to stand and trade with Anderson but leave out the fact that when Anderson stands with a wrestling threat his stand up is nowhere near as effective. He fears the takedown. Look at Chael standing with Anderson and knocking him down and hurting him repeatedly. Machida doesn't have to fear that. He has stood with plenty of takedown threats like Randy, Tito, Rashad, Bader, Davis, Jones and he has looked at worst very competitive on the feet with all of them.

And it's not about having the power to hurt Weidman. KOs aren't all about power which I'm sure you know. If you have accuracy and time your strike when your opponent is coming forward you don't need much power. Machida has proven this. I actually bet that Weidman would beat Anderson in the rematch. I'm sorry if my honest opinion that Machida wins this fight 60% of the time offends you enough to call me a ball gargler.

Actually that's what I'm expecting, him to KO Machida on the feet.

It's definitely possible.

Machida's faster, but speed doesn't always win fights. He was faster than Shogun and was still knocked out cold. Faster than Jones but still dropped and submitted. Faster than Rampage and Davis and still lost decisions.

Weidman has great timing and control of distance, along with great fundamentals and big power. The longer Machida wades on the outside, the more Weidman gets his timing down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Machida get dropped/finished by rushing inside.

Also, Machida looked like a fish out of water when he was under Davis. If Weidman gets him down (which he could), then it's definitely going to get ugly.

BTW, to everyone touting Machida's TDD, when was the last time he fought a great wrestler at MW?

Then Weidman will realize that he is not as good striker as he thinks...

He'll finish Machida with GNP imo, he'd be stupid to stand with Machida.

I think no one at MW can consistently stop Weidman's TD. Ofcourse he will say the gameplan is to win standing, but if it's not going his way he'll just shoot and I believe he will get the TD pretty easily.

Probably the funniest/worst comment I've ever seen on here.

I think he was saying that if you have better grappling, it can give you an edge in the standup since it gives your opponent the added concern of defending take downs which divides your attention and limits your options.

4th? I thought it was just Couture and Penn so far?

But yeah, not a wise choice for Weidman to keep things on the feet.

don't forget Vera!!! i can't think of the fourth..

Cannot wait for this fight. Liking Weidman's confidence.

Weidman has shown nothing to convince me he's even good on his feet. He's strong in the clinch no doubt and has vicious gnp but his strikes are very slow and looping. I can't see him getting close to tagging machida standing. I really don't see him holding machida down for long either.
Conclusion: Machida by tko or decision.

weidman is becoming very confident

that might be a mistake

Back