24: LEGACY (Premieres Feb. 5, 2017)

I'll give it a shot. Can't wait. Don't blink.

I think Tony Almeida's back at some point. Who knows. They might surprise us with a Jack appearance.

Also can't wait for the continuation of Designated Survivor.

The guy they cast as the main character is really not believable as some badass special forces unit leader.

Thus far, there's some interesting parts, but the main character doesn't fill Bauer's combat boots. I am interested to see more about the files from the lockbox and I'm still a sucker for the usual "who's giving away insider info" storyline.

The whole school subplot is weak, hope that gets resolved very quickly, or it ends up being worse than a Kim Bauer story, minus the eye candy of Elisha Cuthbert.

All in all, I'll watch it, but it's not looking like its going to catch the same lightning as the best seasons of the old 24.

First episode was pretty decent. There's a certain freshness to it when Jack Bauer is not involved.

I also like that Black Bauer's wife was not a useless damsel in distress and actually helped save his life.

I predict the wife will need her survival skills after the drug lord's jealous ho tells the bad guys where she's at.

Like most 24 seasons, no shortage of greedy traitors.

Started watching this last night, huge great pile of shitty horse cock.. Gave up after 30 minutes

Im a massive fan of the original series. The original 24 was groundbreaking, not just the "real time" aspect of it, but the way it addressed terrorism etc.. It got better as each season went on, for the first couple of seasons, but most fans will say that from Season 4 it declined and the final season was pretty shit. This for me picks up pretty much where the final season left off in terms of "shitness"

I have two big issues with episode 1.

total lack of originality

First on the thing that the original 24 was groundbreaking approach, this has now been done and improved on even more with shows like homeland etc, the genre has developed and 24 Legacy looks incredibly dated.

Within 30 minutes we have Jihadists (as per imdb), potential attack on US soil, a mole in CTU (And we all know there will be about 5 possible moles before the eventual mole is the person we least suspected - except the whole mole thing has been so done to death that every new character that appears we all point to the screen and shout "MOLE"), and sleeper cells.. taking what is a now dated concept and just copying it, pretty poor.

My second issue (and what really annoyed me) was the timeline (and what made original 24 so unique and great). "All events take place in real time" MY ARSE!

Woman, arrives at venue, chats to husband, goes into main venue, receives one of the highest medals its possible to receive in the US, gives speach, chats to people, leaves venue, travels to CTU, arrives at CTU, IN TWELVE FUCKING MINUTES! How is this possible, maybe she just has a really great PA who can streamline who calendar so she can do everything in minutes?

Then we have the "jihadists".. .ransack first home, kill occupant. travel to second home, occupant gets away but they ransack second home.. travel to third home, ransack third home, interrogate homeowner, tables turned, jihadists all killed, IN FOURTEEN MINUTES! Im sorry, Ive known some Jihadists in my time and none of them could complete three home searches in 14 minutes, its just not possible.. Unless these three homeowners, who are in some sort of witsec program with new names happened to live on the same street which frankly would be a pretty huge failing on the part of witness protection.

Then we get introduced to the sleeper cell, and kudos to casting for finding an even less convincing actress than Elisha Cuthbert.. at this point I turned off...

I lasted about 25 minutes..

What annoys me more is I had been looking forward to this. Its like theres some really excusive restaurant you have to wait a year for a table, you finally get a reservation, you make a weekend of it, book hotels, dress up, limo to the restaurant..

And the waiter comes out and puts a great bit bowl of steaming horseshit in front of you..

The guy they cast as the main character is really not believable as some badass special forces unit leader.

Yeah pretty much, you'd expect doing off the books shit for the government and endured elite military training would have left you, how to say it, more like charles bronson rugged type face before he got surgery

No Bauer = No 24 = NO WATCH

Prediction: Jumps the shark by mid-season and cancelled after the first season.

This show has been canceled

gallery-1474307374-24.gif

This show has been canceled

image.png

I gave up on the show at the end of the second episode when Black Bauer hijacked two cops to take him to the department to steal millions of dollars to use as ransom money.

It was so fucking stupid, even Jack Bauer would have asked him 'Are you that fucking stupid?'

So, I'm very glad to see this disgrace of a 24 series, with an urban vibe to capitalize off Fox's other successful show Empire, being shitcanned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back