• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

giphy.gif
In the video I posted, he went above and beyond to defend Michael Jordan.

In the video I posted:
The guy claims that the superstars from the 80s & 90s would perform well nowadays, but the lower end of the talent pool would not. Which is a fair argument. He also shot down the notion that MJ didn’t have a left hand.

In the video I posted, he went above and beyond to defend Michael Jordan.

That's good to know. I watched 40 seconds and disregarded it. People need to make videos with proper titles and make their arguments clear from the start.

In the video I posted:
The guy claims that the superstars from the 80s & 90s would perform well nowadays, but the lower end of the talent pool would not. Which is a fair argument. He also shot down the notion that MJ didn’t have a left hand.
That argument makes no sense though, because the best players in that pool were only so successful BECAUSE the floor was so low for them to dominate

That argument makes no sense though, because the best players in that pool were only so successful BECAUSE the floor was so low for them to dominate
The claim was that the game didn’t suck in the 80s & 90s, but it did evolve over time. Which I agree with, I find the plumbers jokes funny but I think that’s only valid in the 50s-60s.

Have you played ball ? Petes dribbling techniques are performed now by elementary school girls. Being the best ball handler when there were 400 ball handlers is impressive, sure. But there levels to this. His skills are rudimentary at best in the modern age

Does anyone else read this guys' posts in Trump's voice? hilarious

Football might be the only sport where I prefer the old days over now. R9 & Zidane > CR7 & Messi.

All these MJ comparisons for Ant Edwards, but zero chance in hell Jordan would allow this to happen.

Yea he doesn’t have a pippen or the goat coach to carry him when he plays like shit.

Yeah CANt only has three of the best big men in the league, one being the 4x DPOY, one being the supposed (according to cans) best shooting big man ever, and the other was 6th man of the year.

<36>

Add Mike Canley etc and he definitely needs more help to try and put up more than 20 points a game. Lmfao.

Yea he doesn’t have a pippen or the goat coach to carry him when he plays like shit.

Jordan didn't have Pippen or a GOAT coach in his ROOKIE year at age 22. Same age as Ant now.

In fact, the Bulls as a team sucked. Jordan was guarding the best player and still leading scorer for his shitty team. He averaged 29.3 points, 8.5 assists and 5.8 rebounds in the 1985 playoffs in his rookie season.

Meanwhile, Ant went 6-16 for 19 points in Game 1 and 5-17 for 21 points in Game 2. And he's on the best defensive team in the NBA and also has KAT and Golbert.

Zero chance in hell Jordan would ever only get 19 points 6-16 shooting in Game 1 of a playoffs. If anything, he'd go down fighting scoring a ton of points.

Last edited:
Another crushing loss for the Pacers.

Celtics are just so good at the final two minutes.

Back