• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Tbf this is a sports wide trend. Like 2/3rds of nhl coaches got fired in the last two years, nfl has a bunch of coaches fired after each season now too. I don’t follow divegrass that much but I hear those euro queers go through coaches quickly too. Maybe our mans @fica can give some clarification.

Yeah in general the balance of power has trended in the direction of the players. I'm sure the length of tenure of coaches has shortened considerably across the board. Players have a bigger voice with respect to decisions and coaches in the NBA over the NHL imo but NHL coaches are given a very limited time frame to show success.

Yeah in general the balance of power has trended in the direction of the players. I'm sure the length of tenure of coaches has shortened considerably across the board. Players have a bigger voice with respect to decisions and coaches in the NBA over the NHL imo but NHL coaches are given a very limited time frame to show success.

I think it’s a combination of players having more power, old dinosaur owners being impatient(want to win before they die) and GMs trying to reset the clock on them potentially getting fired by bringing in a new HC.

I think it’s a combination of players having more power, old dinosaur owners being impatient(want to win before they die) and GMs trying to reset the clock on them potentially getting fired by bringing in a new HC.

There's always been a bit of a blame game but the biggest change to me is the balance of power and the amount of pull players have now. Some of the firings/hirings in recent years are laughable.

Tha's what Woj reported, alternatively you are saying they told Giannis and Giannis said yea do it but man, he's close friends with Holiday and they won a ring together.
Woj is an NBA league mouth peace, hes about as credible as Adolph Hitler telling you he loved Jews.

They asked Giannis and he okayed it. There is zero chance Giannis wasnt consulted. They keep a roster spot for his brother for crying out loud. The dude has more sway in roster moves than LeBron ever did lol

Last edited:
Quickest timeout ever smh
Hope the chubby Slovenian ain't injured

Woj is an NBA league mouth peace, hes about as credible as Adolph Hitler telling you he loved Jews.

They asked Giannis and he okayed it. There is zero chance Giannis wasnt consulted. They keep a roster spot for his brother for crying out loud. The dude has more sway in roster moves than LeBron ever did lol

Then Giannis is the idiot if he okay'ed trading Holiday. It was a terrible decision.

Then Giannis is the idiot if he okay'ed trading Holiday. It was a terrible decision.
Giannis probably wanted less usage on the offensive end. The guy kills himself in close games and struggles to close out. Shittleton is hot/cold and Amian Lillar with Shittleton is great for playoff spacing

Looking like the Twolves are playing with more desperation tonight so going to be a tough one for the Mavs tonight. Just come out of this game relatively uninjured please

Wonder how many wide open 3’s Naz will have tonight lol

Finally get to watch a game and it's not very good so far. :eek:(

Mavs once again shooting 29% from 3. Makes things difficult. They go through these cold streaks when the entire team can't shoot.

The refs are fucking shit on both sides. Absurd.

Back