• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Last two teams from the west relegated after every season and top two from the East promoted. I’m down for it

Look at the parity in soccer in Europe other than the EPL. European soccer fans go on and on about how wonderful promotion and relegation is the truth is it sucks for the quality of the top leagues.

@fica

What are your thoughts on parity in Euro soccer? How do you think promotion/relegation affects the quality of the top leagues?

Everyone is saying that not having Kleber is a big loss for the Mavs.

I honestly just don't see it, I know his size helps, but honestly he's just another body on the floor. He has no real special skills or great things that he brings to the dynamic / identity of this team - in the ways that his replacements do.

I don't rate his defense THAT highly, it's ok, besides that he's got no offense besides being an ok 3pt shot. He is very streaky with that and has clanged a lot of important ones in succession over the years.

Would much rather play a touch smaller and keep all the current rotation guys in.

Look at the parity in soccer in Europe other than the EPL. European soccer fans go on and on about how wonderful promotion and relegation is the truth is it sucks for the quality of the top leagues.
Obviously it is great because football is all time high in popularity. Instagram tik tok twitter most popular team top 10 os always football

let-them.gif

-8000 for the Celts now lol. $100 to win $1.25

It's kind of weird. I really don't know how good Boston is because there doens't seem to be teams in the East good enough to actually test them. They've been playing weaker teams and/or teams extra weak from injuries. For the best record in the league, they have been terribly uninteresting this post season.

Soccer has branched out beyond their shitty leagues to the Champions League etc. Most teams are competing for 3 or 4 trophies not to mention the international stuff like the World Cup.

When American fans talk basketball, football, baseball or hockey they mean the NBA, NFL, MLB or NHL. When Euros talk about soccer/football they are not just talking about their countrys league. They are talking about a whole apparatus of add ons. Saying soccer is popular does not mean their leagues are healthy or promotion and relegation is good for competition.

Soccer has branched out beyond their shitty leagues to the Champions League etc. Most teams are competing for 3 or 4 trophies not to mention the international stuff like the World Cup.

When American fans talk basketball, football, baseball or hockey they mean the NBA, NFL, MLB or NHL. When Euros talk about soccer/football they are not just talking about their countrys league. They are talking about a whole apparatus of add ons. Saying soccer is popular does not mean their leagues are healthy or promotion and relegation is good for competition.

@fica is this true?

Why you ask lol guys i mean what answer dis you want how is terrible when whole world see as not if amything people at end of year pay attention to.lower leagues to see what potential clubs will come to top division and in german bottom 3rd play top 3rd in play of to stay in top league or get promoted to.top league lol i mean people love it

You idiot world cup amd euros and caf and copa america are every 4 years what football dips in popularity in gaps of 4 years lol. Leagues are most popular then champions league europa league conference league sud americana copa liberatores and so on in one calendar year

You idiot world cup amd euros and caf and copa america are every 4 years what football dips in popularity in gaps of 4 years lol. Leagues are most popular then champions league europa league conference league sud americana copa liberatores and so on in one calendar year

Given the leagues lack of playoffs and the fact these leagues are tied to Champions league qualfication and what not theres really no way to judge the national leagues by themselves from a popularity standpoint. Because people will go these games thinking about more than their team winning the championship. But I don't really believe that.

It got started with talk of why US sports should have promotion and relegation and how that allegedly helps with parity.
I said it as a joke lol. Nothing like that would ever happen in the NBA

It got started with talk of why US sports should have promotion and relegation and how that allegedly helps with parity.

The NBA is about to get close to $8 billion a year to televise games in the US. Welcome to fantasy island. Relegate teams. Pffft. Lol.

Back