• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Fair enough, I agree most media is garbage but it’s not only media bringing it up. It also is amplified because Ant is so cocky and literally brought up Kyrie + the whole Murray handcuffs comments. I just think he’s better off not even bringing up being tired because of this.
Kyrie had 19 points in the first quarter and 25 for the game. I don't know about you, but only allowing Kyrie 6 points in 3 quarters seems like he got hancuffed. Or when he held Murray to like 5 in the 2nd half. That's handcuffed. I guess it's cocky though because he allowed a single bucket to go through.

Tim Legler was pointing out this morning how the Wolves did not come out flat. They scored 33 in the first Qtr and the arena was rocking. They hit eleven 3's in the first half alone.
Agreed and this was the gameplan for the Mavs. They knew the 3 point numbers were not sustainable, like Kyle Anderson continuing to score a lot. They packed the paint and made them shoot outside majority of the game. It’s why I said the being tired is a dumb excuse especially since they had only one more day of rest than the Mavs and are at home.

Tim Legler was pointing out this morning how the Wolves did not come out flat. They scored 33 in the first Qtr and the arena was rocking. They hit eleven 3's in the first half alone.

They looked more low energy than a prime bidgoat midway through the game though.

Also legler needs to gtfo espn. He’s one their only decent analysts and they don’t ever let him analyze lol.

Tiger was a bit of an anomaly tbf. He was expected to be the next goat since he was a kid.

Gretzky and Tiger probably had the highest expectations from a young age that I can remember. The fact that both came through in the way they did with all that pressure was pretty remarkable.

Gretzky and Tiger probably had the highest expectations from a young age that I can remember. The fact that both came through in the way they did with all that pressure was pretty remarkable.
LeBron James was getting comped to Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson when he was 16 and surpassed them both

Stop

smoking

crack

Kyrie had 19 points in the first quarter and 25 for the game. I don't know about you, but only allowing Kyrie 6 points in 3 quarters seems like he got hancuffed. Or when he held Murray to like 5 in the 2nd half. That's handcuffed. I guess it's cocky though because he allowed a single bucket to go through.
Yes it is cocky, no one disputes this. But being cocky comes heightened criticism, so it’s not surprising. And did you watch the game? They took him off of Kyrie majority of the 2nd half + Kyrie deferred to Luka in the 4th. Lol@ insinuating he had Kyrie in handcuffs too. Yikes

Last edited:
When my dear friend Cooper Flagg debuts in the NBA, I’ll post all of Kevin Durant’s accomplishments after his first game. Got to humble these young whippersnappers who think it’s ok to praise younger talent and try to point out similarities between them and players from the past.

LeBron James was getting comped to Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson when he was 16 and surpassed them both

Stop

smoking

crack

LeCan is still fighting with Steph Curry for top 10 status.

<36>

Gretzky was projected to be the GOAT when he was very young. Rules were changed because of him. He routinely played in and dominated leagues with kids 5 years older than him. It's not comparable. He ended up with the biggest statistical advantage over second place in basically any professional sport.

You've learned something here today, Vagg.

When my dear friend Cooper Flagg debuts in the NBA, I’ll post all of Kevin Durant’s accomplishments after his first game. Got to humble these young whippersnappers who think it’s ok to praise younger talent and try to point out similarities between them and players from the past.

Cooper F(l)agg will only be able to be compared to Bird, Jokic and Dirk imo

I think EJ confirmed that he’s staying at tnt cuz he does other sports there too

EJ won't leave. He'll stay on for baseball. He's a lifer at Turner. I will miss Inside the NBA.

Cooper Flagg will top out as a poor man's Wally Szczerbiak. 2x champ, 2x FMVP and 1x MVP is out of the question, even if he had Steph Curry carrying him.

Mavs haters are generated soley by annoying Mavs fans. They seem to be incredibly thin skinned, as they often come off as the Shaqs of NBA fans to most fans Barkley and EJ like takes.

Even posting this I feel a Drake in their feelings like response brewing from several. I want to like the Mavs but their fans melt down like Luka does on court to the refs.

Boo-urns..

Back