***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Went from a cool hombre to a bad hombre imo.
HhONX8q.gif

I agree, you never want to play a game 7. I've just been seeing pretty much unanimous opinion in various outlets that the Wolves win this. I would really like to see the Mavs prove they can play ball with anyone.
It’s funny that everyone are basically giving the Mavs no chance (by everyone I mean the experts and other teams’ fans). Twolves are the hot commodity but the Mavs have a great chance based on the way they are playing and the matchups against the twolves.

All I’m saying is Ant man better be careful what he wishes for. Right after the game saying he is taking on Kyrie and will see what he can do to him. Pretty dumb sharing a gameplan so early but they’re a cocky team so it doesn’t surprise me. Can’t wait for this series.

Everyone blaming the Dino nugs supporting cast meanwhile Brokic was out of breathe the entire second half, started out 0/8 from 3, got blocked multiple times in crunch time and was a traffic cone on defense. Its a good thing he’s not LeJuice otherwise this would be all his fault lmao

Everyone blaming the Dino nugs supporting cast meanwhile Brokic was out of breathe the entire second half, started out 0/8 from 3, got blocked multiple times in crunch time and was a traffic cone on defense. Its a good thing he’s not LeJuice otherwise this would be all his fault lmao
I wasn’t around but did Murray actually attend the press conference or did he act like a bitch like he usually does when his team loses?

Love that you’re always thinking about the goat franchise. Must suck to cheer for a shit team. Lmao

{<jimmies}

This dude is such a little bitch when his team loses. Lmao

I like Mike, but he for as much as he talks when winning, he deserves all the shit he gets when they lose.

It’s funny that everyone are basically giving the Mavs no chance (by everyone I mean the experts and other teams’ fans). Twolves are the hot commodity but the Mavs have a great chance based on the way they are playing and the matchups against the twolves.

All I’m saying is Ant man better be careful what he wishes for. Right after the game saying he is taking on Kyrie and will see what he can do to him. Pretty dumb sharing a gameplan so early but they’re a cocky team so it doesn’t surprise me. Can’t wait for this series.

I’m not sure that it’s a great match up for Dallas. Minnesota has the advantage inside on offense and defense. Kyrie/lucuck are gonna have to play out of their minds or their role players are gonna have to be lights out from 3.

I’m not sure that it’s a great match up for Dallas. Minnesota has the advantage inside on offense and defense. Kyrie/lucuck are gonna have to play out of their minds or their role players are gonna have to be lights out from 3.
Minnesota has size, length, speed, depth, and talent that the Mavs just don't have. Luka and ANT is basically a wash. I unironically think the Wolves win in 5. Luka and Kyrie could easily stretch this shit 7 with a couple of of their games.

If McDaniels or Reid get hot though that series is a wrap.

Gobert doesn’t have to worry about the Serb anymore at least.

I think it’s a good matchup for both teams. What advantage do the Twolves have inside offensively? Kat lives at the 3 point line and Gobert isn’t going to be an offensive force every game. Defensively, yes they will be hard to get through attacking the rim however we all know the mavs will be looking to pick and roll with Kat/Gobert having them switch onto Luka or Kyrie. Good luck with that.

What’s lost in this is that the Mavs have been the best defensive team to end the season, going into the playoffs. Both teams are great defensively but it’s whether the mavs can consistently play at that level. Ant man is the one who scares me and he will get his numbers, but like you said about the Mavs having to have Luka/Kyrie and the role players playing well, the Twolves need Ant and the others to do the same. Problem is, if you shut down Luka or Kyrie, the other can still go off and the game is winnable. If Ant is somehow shutdown, I don’t see them winning. Like the thunder, there isn’t a consistent 2nd option.

Will be the toughest matchup the Mavs and Twolves have faced defensive-wise so it’s an intriguing series.

I think it’s a good matchup for both teams. What advantage do the Twolves have inside offensively? Kat lives at the 3 point line and Gobert isn’t going to be an offensive force every game. Defensively, yes they will be hard to get through attacking the rim however we all know the mavs will be looking to pick and roll with Kat/Gobert having them switch onto Luka or Kyrie. Good luck with that.

What’s lost in this is that the Mavs have been the best defensive team to end the season, going into the playoffs. Both teams are great defensively but it’s whether the mavs can consistently play at that level. Ant man is the one who scares me and he will get his numbers, but like you said about the Mavs having to have Luka/Kyrie and the role players playing well, the Twolves need Ant and the others to do the same. Problem is, if you shut down Luka or Kyrie, the other can still go off and the game is winnable. If Ant is somehow shutdown, I don’t see them winning. Like the thunder, there isn’t a consistent 2nd option.

Will be the toughest matchup the Mavs and Twolves have faced defensive-wise so it’s an intriguing series.

The mavs were one of the worst scoring teams in the paint this year and they’re going against arguably the best interior defense in the league. That alone will give Minny the inside advantage on both ends. Gafford and lively are likely going to be minimal contributors on offense and I don’t have a ton of faith in Green, Washington and Jones being reliable enough in 4 games.

The mavs were one of the worst scoring teams in the paint this year and they’re going against arguably the best interior defense in the league. That alone will give Minny the inside advantage on both ends. Gafford and lively are likely going to be minimal contributors on offense and I don’t have a ton of faith in Green, Washington and Jones being reliable enough in 4 games.
I mean Luka was the league leader in points in the paint this season but have you checked the playoff stats for the claims you made? Or basing it off the regular season? Last I checked, the Mavs have a better fg% in the paint, more points per game/total points in the paint during the playoffs.

As far as Washington and Jones goes, they’ve been reliable for 2 playoff series now collectively so until I see them being unreliable, they’ll be fine. Green isn’t as important, anything he does positively is a bonus rather than a need.

I mean Luka was the league leader in points in the paint this season but have you checked the playoff stats for the claims you made? Or basing it off the regular season? Last I checked, the Mavs have a better fg% in the paint, more points per game/total points in the paint during the playoffs.

As far as Washington and Jones goes, they’ve been reliable for 2 playoff series now collectively so until I see them being unreliable, they’ll be fine. Green isn’t as important, anything he does positively is a bonus rather than a need.

Regular season. OKC and the flerps are soft inside and suck at transition defense. Either way it should be a good series, but I still have Minny in 6. I’ll be happy if either of these teams wins the ship lol.

Regular season. OKC and the flerps are soft inside and suck at transition defense. Either way it should be a good series, but I still have Minny in 6. I’ll be happy if either of these teams wins the ship lol.
A entire regular season doesn’t really mean much at this point especially since the Mavs have been the 3rd best team in the paint during the playoffs according to metrics/stats. True they have not faced a defensive team like the Twolves but let’s not degrade the Clips and Thunder after the results. Mavs were underdogs in both series and prevailed making those teams look worse than what they are and it’s no different in this series. I’ll take the underdog role any day and hope they got another one in them to get the upset. I think these two teams are closer than majority of the ppl are projecting so should be a good series.

Back