Locked ***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Bucks will get it together. Pacers run and gun won't be successful playoff time I suspect.

I also like wolves over suns. And 76ers to squeak by Knicks.
I feel like Indy will shoot the Bucks out of the playoffs. With Giannis not playing i dont see them getting past Indy with Doc Rivers no less. Indy pace is too high for old man Lillard to overcome.

Suns have been owning the wolves all regular season i think it will be close to the end though.

Embiid is not healthy and even lost his mind. He tried to give himself a assist to his dunk which hurt him again. If Embiid was fully healthy i would favor 76ers but since he is not i see Knicks pulling through.Though i cant see the future so im just guessing lol.

I haven't been able to watch anything but I think Denver is vulnerable to teams that play high pace. And I think Minnesota matches up well with them. Them having home court over Minnesota could turn out huge.

But Denver offense is pretty sturdy. I heard a fun stat that last year they won 5 games in the playoffs whole hitting less than a certain amount of threes (the precise number escapes me). And like all other teams combined won 1 when hitting that few threes.

Either way, indefinitely like the field over Denver but would be happy to see them win it all again.

Not sure they can make it that far but the Mavs could be the Nuggets biggest roadblock in the West. Luka may be the only player in the league that can basically cancel out Joker's box score. As you said, the T-Wolves also looking pretty tough right now, however, the Nuggets have something most teams don't have and that's the consistent ability to put together 48 minutes. That's why they are so tough in the 4th Qtr. of games. To beat the Nuggets you need a team that can consistently compete at a high level for the FULL 48. That's the problem we see with the Lakers right now is they can jump out to a little lead and be looking solid for a quarter, or a half, but eventually their inability to play for the full 48 stops them against Denver.

I feel like Indy will shoot the Bucks out of the playoffs. With Giannis not playing i dont see them getting past Indy with Doc Rivers no less. Indy pace is too high for old man Lillard to overcome.

Suns have been owning the wolves all regular season i think it will be close to the end though.

Embiid is not healthy and even lost his mind. He tried to give himself a assist to his dunk which hurt him again. If Embiid was fully healthy i would favor 76ers but since he is not i see Knicks pulling through.Though i cant see the future so im just guessing lol.
What? What happened to Giannis???

Edit: I still think tho Pacers style is least likely to lead to playoff success.

Last edited:
Not sure they can make it that far but the Mavs could be the Nuggets biggest roadblock in the West. Luka may be the only player in the league that can basically cancel out Joker's box score. As you said, the T-Wolves also looking pretty tough right now, however, the Nuggets have something most teams don't have and that's the consistent ability to put together 48 minutes. That's why they are so tough in the 4th Qtr. of games. To beat the Nuggets you need a team that can consistently compete at a high level for the FULL 48. That's the problem we see with the Lakers right now is they can jump out to a little lead and be looking solid for a quarter, or a half, but eventually their inability to play for the full 48 stops them against Denver.
Yeah, Mavs would be tough. Last year not a lot of people had faith in Denver. now the league has made roster changes with beating Denver in mind. If they repeat, they'll really have to earn it.

What? What happened to Giannis???
Antetokounmpo had not practiced all week and is still less than two weeks removed from a left soleus (calf) muscle strain suffered April 9 against Boston.

Its not clear when he will return though i think by that time damage will be done like last year.

Antetokounmpo had not practiced all week and is still less than two weeks removed from a left soleus (calf) muscle strain suffered April 9 against Boston.

Its not clear when he will return though i think by that time damage will be done like last year.

That sucks.

Shame Clips-Mavs isn't the night game.
Wish i could get a Denver game at 9pm instead of watching after the fact. A lot of Lukas biggest fans will be able to see the whole game instead of highlights. Most of them probably only seen him live in international play.

Celtics -14.5 seems incredibly high seeing as they've got a knack for canning it up at times

If fat Serb wins another chip with a fmvp he’s easily top 5 of all time. He’ll probably end up being number 2 behind LeGoat when he retires.

If fat Serb wins another chip with a fmvp he’s easily top 5 of all time. He’ll probably end up being number 2 behind LeGoat when he retires.

There are no 2 ring players in the Top 5 all time. It would be impressive but 2 rings ain't getting you a seat at that table.

There are no 2 ring players in the Top 5 all time. It would be impressive but 2 rings ain't getting you a seat at that table.

I consider Robertson the GOAT with 1.

Theres also this guy called Wilt Chamberlain.

Jokic can't break into the top 5 centers because 4 of the top 5 centers are fucking amazing and the other one is Bill Russell.

I consider Robertson the GOAT with 1.

Theres also this guy called Wilt Chamberlain.

Jokic can't break into the top 5 centers because 4 of the top 5 centers are fucking amazing and the other one is Bill Russell.

That is a lot to unpack, and also we aren't talking top 5 for centers all time, we are talking top 5 all time, any position. There are no top 5 all time players with only 2 rings.

That is a lot to unpack, and also we aren't talking top 5 for centers all time, we are talking top 5 all time, any position. There are no top 5 all time players with only 2 rings.

Oscar Robertson and Wilt are top 5 players. The NBA media is full of jagoffs who think the sport was created in 1980 when Magic Johnson and Larry Bird saved the NBA.

Yea i like the greek freak but maybe its for the best a first round exit would send Doc Rivers packing.

It's really a pickle. I love the Bucks but I hate Doc more than just about anything.

Oscar Robertson and Wilt are top 5 players. The NBA media is full of jagoffs who think the sport was created in 1980 when Magic Johnson and Larry Bird saved the NBA.

Are you high? Jordan, Bron, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Larry, Shaq, there is 7 right there that should be ahead of Oscar or Wilt.

Are you high? Jordan, Bron, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Larry, Shaq, there is 7 right there that should be ahead of Oscar or Wilt.

Jordan, LeBron and Kareem are the other 3(in the opposite order). The rest? No. You're high. Higher than the Rockies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back