Social 2023 survey: Countries with the highest obesity

I know the leader is fat, but they are totally cheating North Korea by not including them in the least obese. There's no way South Korea is less obese the North Korea.
Probably had huge difficulty trying to conduct a survey over there <BC1>

those are barely considered countries.

we're #1 i bet if you look at actual countries. well i guess two or three after fatty egypt

This is what I mean, these 2 guys have the same BMI.
A short bodybuilder with very low bodyfat would be considered obese based on BMI.
View attachment 964369

Look pretty comparable when standing together.
durant-giannis-blogbanner.png

I’m 5’11” with some muscle definition, good delts and traps for the average person, like 13% body fat which is relatively lean, probably weigh like 170lbs right now, if I gained 10lbs of muscle and got jacked I would be considered obese by BMI standards lol.

Lol at all those countries that are too poor to be fat.

They eat western crap, they were skinny before American products arrived.

Yeah man. Whenever I visit a third world shit hole I bring a funnel, a blender, and 20 big Macs in my carry on. I find some poor looking skinny fuck and force feed them a big Mac slurry. Right when I'm done I say, "That's from America fuck face."

I bet the US probably has the most people who are handicap due to their obesity. The low end of obese is very different to a lot of the severely obese people you see

One thing I notice is that even though muscle is supposedly heavier than fat, people who are really shredded and dense are usually lighter than they look and out of shape soft people weigh more. I remember years ago we were comparing weights at my work and these sloppy unathletic guys were like same weight as what you'd see from nfl linebackers, defensive ends and tight ends. They didn't even have huge frames or bone structures or anything. One of them was like 5'10 5'11 and had no ass or legs. Just a tubby torso and upper body. The other dude was a little taller like 6'2 but he wasn't even a big burley guy, he had the wrists, arms and neck of a average built person. But he had thick flabby legs and a soft looking belly. I would have guessed he was like 225 but he was like 260 and the other guy was like 290

Obesity measured by BMI and % of obese adults. You can argue that BMI is not a good measure of obesity.
America doesn't make the top 10 . I know ya'll were thinking America = Fatty McFat face but survey dissappoints. US comes in at 12.

Not surprising the Polynesian / Micronesian countries top the list. The least obese country is Vietnam. Polynesians do have a junk food and obesity problem but they are also naturally large folks, so don't know if BMI gives an accurate picture.

Something seems off with this list because there is no way that Egypt beats out Qatar; the later is well known for its obesity.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/obesity-rates-by-country

No its not off. And if it makes you feel any better, many of the small island countries are either US protectorates or dependent on US aid. Egypt is also dependent on the US military and economic assistance. The main problem with micronesian/polynesian obesity is their dependence on western/US food imports which have supplanted their previous more natural diets. Imports like spam, corned beef and off cuts like chicken backs, turkey tails, mutton flaps, flours have squeezed out local produce and have become diet staples. So the problem is already entrenched and unless there is some govt intervention in ensuring support for local agricultural food protection and a change in food culture, there is no way back.

I bet the US probably has the most people who are handicap due to their obesity. The low end of obese is very different to a lot of the severely obese people you see

Agreed, US leads in the rates of the morbidly obese, obese, overweight categories compared to the EU.

Well there is a one in 12 and it comes before the two, so we’re still #1 imo

I’m 5’11” with some muscle definition, good delts and traps for the average person, like 13% body fat which is relatively lean, probably weigh like 170lbs right now, if I gained 10lbs of muscle and got jacked I would be considered obese by BMI standards lol.

You wouldn't be "obese," you would be at the very start of "overweight."

A short bodybuilder with very low bodyfat would be considered obese based on BMI.
View attachment 964369

Pro Bodybuilders are not healthy by any sense of the word. On all kinds of drugs and carrying wayy too much mass on their frames, even if it's muscle not fat.

Interesting..

Are Polynesians just naturally bigger though?

I know it's in their culture to eat a lot, but is it not inevitable that they'd have greater mass also due to genetics / big bones?

They are morbidly obese or just obese. Mark Hunt for instance was carrying 100lbs of fat on him I would estimate. At least 70lbs of excess fat. If he was healthy he would of been a Middleweight. This whole big boned stuff is 99% nonsense. All evidence of the island nations prove that they are extremely unhealthy as a collective.

Of course someone like Lesnar has larger bones than Aldo but yeah
View attachment 964369

This is true but for judging a nation it is not a bad way given the fact that 90% or more of people are not muscular.

George St Pierre and Ngannou are both obese according to BMI.

GSP is 5"10 190lbs however the average 5"10 190lb man is fat with a little belly and some moobs and cannot do 10 full range pull ups, or 5 dips. Average man has a dad bod

Ngannou is 6"4 and 275lbs. Average 6"4 275lb man is legit obese

How many men and women in a population realistically are skewing it? Not much because few people have as much muscle mass to be the exception.

Last edited:
Back