Social 2023 survey: Countries with the highest obesity

BMI is worthless, people have different frames and body composition.
This. If that's the measure they used it was completely pointless. Particularly, it doesn't mean all these people are unhealthy despite the obvious attempt to paint them that way.

It's not perfect but as an average it paints a pretty accurate picture.
An accurate picture of what?

What does it tell us when a person's BMI on its own gives no indication of whether they're healthy or not? Physically active people are generally healthier than those who are not regardless of whether they carry extra flab around--Roy Nelson, for example.

Even taking myself as an example: I'm 6 feet tall and my normal body weight is around 165--I'm just generally slim whether I've been very active or not at all. If I put on 15 or 20 pounds, BMI says absolutely nothing about whether that is "good" or"bad" weight, or some mixture of both, right? All due respect to you but I think it's garbage science.

Last edited:
An accurate picture of what?

What does it tell us when a person's BMI on its own gives no indication of whether they're healthy or not? Physically active people are generally healthier than those who are not regardless of whether they carry extra flab around--Roy Nelson, for example.

Even taking myself as an example: I'm 6 feet tall and my normal body weight is around 165--I'm just generally slim whether I've been very active or not at all. If I put on 10 or 15 pounds of weight, BMI says absolutely nothing about whether that is "good" or "bad" weight, right? All due respect to you but I think it's garbage science.

lmao it paints a general picture of how overweight a nation is what ever the + or - is, unless you want to argue bmi has so little relevance muroicnas are as health and long lived and the Japanese.

Or are the 9% morbidly obese whales in Murica rly just body builders with an extra 100 lbs of muscle <45>

lmao it paints a general picture of how overweight a nation is what ever the + or - is, unless you want to argue bmi has so little relevance muroicnas are as health and long lived and the Japanese.

Or are the 9% morbidly obese whales in Murica rly just body builders with an extra 100 lbs of muscle <45>
Except it doesn't do any such thing, as I explained in the post you quoted. It makes zero distinction among all the different things that contribute to BMI and therefore it isn't useful except in the context of individuals and their specific factors.

As I also explained, the lifespan of Japanese people, fat and thin alike, is not dependent upon BMI except in truly obese sedentary people just like everywhere else in the world (and such people hardly need a BMI measure to be identified). That's because an overweight person who is very active and physically fit doesn't usually experience any of the common consequences of obesity. Consider sumo wrestlers for example; they're huge and really fat, but as long as they are training and competing they're quite healthy people; however, they begin to develop those kinds of problems when they stop competing because they generally maintain the same high consumption diet. After a career of deliberately getting as large as you can it must be awfully hard to change your diet but for the average person the main thing is just to be as physically active as possible and you won't really have to worry about your weight although sufficient nutrition is necessary, obviously.

Thanks for playing.

Please try again when you grow up a little.

Last edited:
Except it doesn't do any such thing, as I explained in the post you quoted. It makes zero distinction among all the different things that contribute to BMI and therefore it isn't useful except in the context if individuals and their specific factors.

As I also explained, the lifespan of Japanese people, fat and thin alike, is not dependent upon BMI except in truly obese sedentary people just like everywhere else in the world (and such people hardly need a BMI measure to be identified). That's because an overweight person who is very active and physically fit doesn't usually experience any of the common consequences of obesity. Consider sumo wrestlers for example; they're huge and really fat, but as long as they are training and competing, but begin to develop those kinds of problems when they stop competing because they generally maintain the same high consumption diet. After a career of deliberately getting as large as you can it much be awfully hard to change your diet but for the average person, the main thing is just to be as physically active as possible and you won't really have to worry about your weight although sufficient nutrition is necessary, obviously.

Thanks for playing.

Please try again when you grow up a little.

Overweight and obese are two different things, you haven't a clue do you.

Or maybe just maybe even Sumos in their prime suffer less health issues then those nearing their 40s. And the years of fucking up the body finally starts showing cumulative damage.

Fake news.
Everyone knows that all you yanks look like honey boo boos mum

It was written by bias media

BMI is worthless, people have different frames and body composition.
Agreed. Imaging telling this guy he is obese
images

Overweight and obese are two different things, you haven't a clue do you.

Or maybe just maybe even Sumos in their prime suffer less health issues then those nearing their 40s. And the years of fucking up the body finally starts showing cumulative damage.
1. There is no evidence of that. It's not a maybe.
2. Overweight and obese are differentiated in an arbitrary way that has no more scientific merit than BMI.
3. Thanks for playing. Please try again when you're ready to use your head for more than a hat rack.

1. There is no evidence of that. It's not a maybe.
2. Overweight and obese are differentiated in an arbitrary way that has no more scientific merit than BMI.
3. Thanks for playing. Please try again when you're ready to use your head for more than a hat rack.

So no evidence people in their prime suffer less health issues then those nearing 40s, such delusion is stunning you deserve an award.
Is the basic concept of health risk factors increasing with age to hard a reality for you?

Since it doesn't matter show me one nation with double the bmi of the other that has less diabetes, or less cardiovascular disease. BMI is so arbitrary and meaningless i'm sure you can prove many instances where fat ass murica has double the bmi average yet less health issues then many other nation right ? should be easy.

Back