2020 PPV Stats

who cares about ppv buys? you own a share in ufc?

Didn’t PPVs move to ESPN+ after the last Conor fight?

if so I would have expected a much bigger drop frankly, not sure how reliable those numbers are.

Either way you’re comparing samples and oranges.

No that deal with April 2019 and the report at the time was UFC 236 was terrible in buys.

https://www.fightsports.tv/ufc-236-reportedly-gets-under-100k-buys/

With that said I wonder how accurate the numbers are....it seemed odd once UFC went to streaming they still had all of the buys leaked even though it's a completely different source. I'm still not sure how the streaming vs cable translates. It's possible streaming was a clusterfuck in the beginning hurting sales and now its very easy to the point that the UFC is overtaking what they were able to do on cable since now you can buy theoretically buy a PPV on your iPhone sitting in the middle of the woods camping as an example.

Some of these numbers seem way to high to me as an old school fan but the world is different in terms of buying PPVs so you can't easily compare them. Let me put it this way....Adesanya vs. Costa reportedly did 700k while Liddell vs Jackson did 675k. Liddell vs Jackson was a far more mainstream fight at least in North American at the time but this was also 2007 so the method of buying is different.

Mas > Conor > Adesanya = Ferguson > Khabib in star power confirmed.

1. UFC 246: Usman vs. Masvidal 1.3M
2. UFC 251 McGregor vs. Cerrone 1M
3. UFC 253 Adesanya vs. Costa 700K
4. UFC 249 Gaethje vs. Ferguson 700K
5. UFC 254 Khabib vs. Gaethje 675K

Source MMA Focus

I'm floored that Khabib vs. Gaethje didn't do better. I thought the matchup was intriguing enough to have stronger PPV buys. I'm shocked that Adesanya vs. Costa didn't break a milli. I blame the UFC for a weak build-up for that fight.

Had Burns fought in UFC 246 instead of Masvidal I wonder how many buys that PPV would've generated? I'm guessing Masvidal added an additional 700K PPV buys.

1 who cares about buys..im not making that money

2.khabib was on in the daytime in major ppv buy spots (north america) ...

3. Majority got to watch it for free..

4 overall those numbers are pretty impressive for a early day card om weekend when people go out for groceries...

5. Even the rock didnt know it was a day time card...he had to rush his workout so he could watch

Why bothering about PPV numbers when UFC is going in more and more with "mainstream" TV channels... All around the europe TV channels were broadcasting UFC 254? Im not sure how things are in USA but almost whole europe had UFC 254 "free" on TV.

Damn, glad Mas fought for his money. I highly doubt Usman vs anyone else even comes close to that number.

650k??? I thought dana said it was suppose to be like 2M

Lol its the age of the internet no one cares if they miss the fight tbh.. You can see it the very next day for free.

And I do, too!!!

Gotta steer clear of social media and SD till I actually watch the fights though, cuz spoilers abound.

650k??? I thought dana said it was suppose to be like 2M
Did he? I recall Dana saying that the UFC embedded videos were trending high, and I think he was assuming that those views would lead to high PPV buys. Interestingly it’s not.

The fight was on in the afternoon...
If you're the biggest draw in the UFC per Sherpups, that shouldn't matter. If Conor was on in the afternoon, he is going to pull over 1M buys and Khabib is supposedly a bigger draw.

Americans cant relate to khabib and his fighting style isn't the best for the average retarded casual who just wants to see blood and guts. Not surprised he isn't a draw. Even if they put it on in the evening they'd have probably only gotten 200-300k more sales max.

If you're the biggest draw in the UFC per Sherpups, that shouldn't matter. If Conor was on in the afternoon, he is going to pull over 1M buys and Khabib is supposedly a bigger draw.

I don’t think I’ve heard many people say he’s a bigger draw than McGregor. Just because you’re not as big a draw as McGregor doesn’t mean you’re not a big draw.

Even if that number is accurate, it’s a big draw for that time. He would have done significantly more if it was on at prime time in the US

Back