• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2020 Not So Bad

KikoJones

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was reluctant to post after some of the warm comments I received from my Pans post but I guess I like the F12 abuse.
Master 5 Purple Light
I just tuned 55 on Dec 5.
Total of 4 competitors including myself so 2 matches. Wish they were more but I guess some of us couldn't get the weekend pass from the Nursing home. Definitely different caliber of guys compared to my single Pans dude.

131484982_10222026124555539_6370937762847130983_n.jpg

Monday I show up and I get awarded the Chocolate Belt after 4 years at Purple and almost 8 years of consistent training.

131662587_10222041481019441_7537241393758745190_o.jpg

I was reluctant to post after some of the warm comments I received from my Pans post but I guess I like the F12 abuse.
Master 5 Purple Light
I just tuned 55 on Dec 5.
Total of 4 competitors including myself so 2 matches. Wish they were more but I guess some of us couldn't get the weekend pass from the Nursing home. Definitely different caliber of guys compared to my single Pans dude.

131484982_10222026124555539_6370937762847130983_n.jpg

Monday I show up and I get awarded the Chocolate Belt after 4 years at Purple and almost 8 years of consistent training.

131662587_10222041481019441_7537241393758745190_o.jpg

Congrats man and screw the haters from your Pans thread. I know it's easy to make excuses as an older guy so nothing but respect.

Congratulations! Do you have any videos of your matches? I would like to see them if you do. Maybe I shouldn't quit at 41 after all. I'll have to think about it more when I can walk normally again. Congrats again on the competition and the promotion!

congratulations!!!! don't give a f... about the haters, you did great!!!!!!

Congratulations! Do you have any videos of your matches? I would like to see them if you do. Maybe I shouldn't quit at 41 after all. I'll have to think about it more when I can walk normally again. Congrats again on the competition and the promotion!
This is my personal YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtLmKhgx1V_N5pjlvU8VpAQ
I approach competition matches differently, I'm trying not to make any mistakes where my opponent can capitalize from. It can be kind of boring but I'm playing a Sport, trying to get some tin that I paid way too much money for.

congratulations!!!! don't give a f... about the haters, you did great!!!!!!
ppl were hating on ts? i dont understand the hate for someone competing and staying active. most ppl dont exercise, probably even less when ppl grow in age.

This is my personal YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtLmKhgx1V_N5pjlvU8VpAQ
I approach competition matches differently, I'm trying not to make any mistakes where my opponent can capitalize from. It can be kind of boring but I'm playing a Sport, trying to get some tin that I paid way too much money for.

Those semi and finals matches were hard fought! What happened at the end of the semi? Saw them wiping the mat off - did he tap to the lapel choke or nose started bleeding or something? Pretty classy of you to sit facing away like that until the ref raised your hand.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing the videos. Good work! Did you do any other martial arts before bjj? Some of the things you did in the competition were things I used to do in karate tournaments. Turning to fix your gi and kneeling while the opponent was getting checked out.

Those semi and finals matches were hard fought! What happened at the end of the semi? Saw them wiping the mat off - did he tap to the lapel choke or nose started bleeding or something? Pretty classy of you to sit facing away like that until the ref raised your hand.
Apparently he started bleeding from a small cut on the forehead.

Thank you for sharing the videos. Good work! Did you do any other martial arts before bjj? Some of the things you did in the competition were things I used to do in karate tournaments. Turning to fix your gi and kneeling while the opponent was getting checked out.

I wrestled in High School for a year and trained Hapkido for 2 while in the Navy. Habits I guess.

Thanks you for the positive comments.

Wholesome thread. Props on sticking with it this long and going for gold. I'm tryina be like you when I'm 55.

Back