2020 Motorsports thread.

Bottas jumps into the lead with a great start as Hamilton bogged down. Verstappen with a good start almost passing Hamilton then lost power, gets hit from behind and punted into the gravel trap. Gasly and Verstappen both out on the first lap. 6 laps under the safety car as it takes a long time to remove the cars.

Last edited:
Safety car ends and a big crash on the restart on the starting grid with at least 3 cars out and the track is covered in debris.
Red flag!

The back of the pack reacted to the lights turning green while Bottas wasn't speeding up after the safety car so the rear of the field caught the middle.

Most cars restarted on the soft tires when the Mercedes restarted on mediums and have another set of mediums. The cars that restarted on soft tires are probably going to have to change to hard tires to finish the race on one stop.

They might not finish this race as it's red flagged again with 15 minutes to the 2 hour time limit.

If they restart, hopefully Bottas jumps queen Hamilton again.

Seems the 2 hour limit doesn't matter if a red flag is used. I guess the red flag time doesn't count toward the 2 hour race time.

It doesn't seem like the red was needed in this case. The work being done was well off the track so they could have run under the safety car.

@Deffid im sure your heartbroken about your boy Stroll.

@Deffid im sure your heartbroken about your boy Stroll.
AntiqueCreepyAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

Hamilton outlasts everyone with the win and fastest lap.

That was crazy. Stroll had a big crash. Lewis with fastest lap near the end was cool. Man, that seems to have taken a lot out of all the drivers. They are all outta breath. Another different circuit win for lewis and number 90, one away from tying schumi

Wow, Mugello (sp?) was so crazy with the start, then crash, then restart, then crash, then Red flag, then crash, then Red flag! The track width almost seemed a tad too narrow to me, but I guess everyone (teams/crew) enjoyed its inaugural race. Good win for Hamilton, one more to tie all time. We’ll see if he can do that in Sochi.

I wish Bottas would quit being such a drip whenever he can’t beat Lewis. It’s one thing to talk about mistakes or bad decisions, but he always seemed like the saddest man in second place. That’s why I like Max, his responses come off more genuine and he’s not a pity party unto himself if he doesn’t win.

Wow, Mugello (sp?) was so crazy with the start, then crash, then restart, then crash, then Red flag, then crash, then Red flag! The track width almost seemed a tad too narrow to me, but I guess everyone (teams/crew) enjoyed its inaugural race. Good win for Hamilton, one more to tie all time. We’ll see if he can do that in Sochi.

I wish Bottas would quit being such a drip whenever he can’t beat Lewis. It’s one thing to talk about mistakes or bad decisions, but he always seemed like the saddest man in second place. That’s why I like Max, his responses come off more genuine and he’s not a pity party unto himself if he doesn’t win.

Will we ever find out why Verstappen lost power? They were working on his car before the start. Honda said they had solved the issues from last week.

I hope Formula One abandons all thoughts of reverse grid races after seeing what happened Sunday. Putting slow cars in front is asking for crashes.

Will we ever find out why Verstappen lost power? They were working on his car before the start. Honda said they had solved the issues from last week.

I hope Formula One abandons all thoughts of reverse grid races after seeing what happened Sunday. Putting slow cars in front is asking for crashes.

during the race, I thought they said it was a power unit sensor. I missed the interview with Max during one of the red flags. My kid came in at the time and distracted me for a bit.

Back