2020 MLB Off Season Discussion: Free Agency LOOMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schilling's not wrong though, the decision should be made by players and coaches only, writers are just as sensitive and base their expertise as to whether or not a player should get it because of their.............. vast experience on the field playing the game?

Cubs sign Joc to a one year, $7 million deal

Have the Mariners been mathematically eliminated from 2021 playoff contention yet?

Let the pirates continue to be ass. Im okay with it.

10,000 SIMULATIONS!

Wtf did they even get for him? I know it's not official yet but man it should be a haul

Rockies are a sham of a franchise, at least the Red Sux and Cleveland Baseball Team managed to be contenders before giving away their superstars for scraps

Got Arenado, and didn't give up Carlson, Gorman, or Liberatore.

<{anton}>

Rockies were better off keeping him and letting him opt out after the year. LOL @ paying 50M for that mid-tier group of prospects. This is worse then a cap dump. 50M gets you elite talent on the international prospect market.

Rockies were better off keeping him and letting him opt out after the year. LOL @ paying 50M for that mid-tier group of prospects. This is worse then a cap dump. 50M gets you elite talent on the international prospect market.

There's a cap now on International spending if I'm not mistaken. Agree with the rest

There's a cap now on International spending if I'm not mistaken. Agree with the rest
Yeah there is, but it's not a hard cap and just prevents you from spending big bonuses the next couple of years. IIRC going over the cap by a dollar or 20 million is the same penalty, you can't give big bonuses the next two years. So the Giants dropped a huge amount a few years ago when they got a stud filled prospect class headlined by their current top prospect, knowing they just wouldn't be able to land a big guy the next two years. I'm a bit hazy on the details as well, but it's something like that. Just one of the ways the Rockies could have gotten way better prospects. Another example (always going to use Giants because I know them best) is the Giants getting the Angels 1st round pick Will Wilson for taking Zach Cozart's 13M contract and cutting him.

Yeah there is, but it's not a hard cap and just prevents you from spending big bonuses the next couple of years. IIRC going over the cap by a dollar or 20 million is the same penalty, you can't give big bonuses the next two years. So the Giants dropped a huge amount a few years ago when they got a stud filled prospect class headlined by their current top prospect, knowing they just wouldn't be able to land a big guy the next two years. I'm a bit hazy on the details as well, but it's something like that. Just one of the ways the Rockies could have gotten way better prospects. Another example (always going to use Giants because I know them best) is the Giants getting the Angels 1st round pick Will Wilson for taking Zach Cozart's 13M contract and cutting him.

Gotcha. I wasn't aware and that makes sense. I was honestly shocked when I read that trade. Like you said 50 million should buy you some high level prospects. That was pure garbage

Any yahoo fantasy league I can join and finish close to last

Gotcha. I wasn't aware and that makes sense. I was honestly shocked when I read that trade. Like you said 50 million should buy you some high level prospects. That was pure garbage

Arenado/50million coming in for middle prospects isn't awful at all.. Nope, fair trade. Cards GM was seen doing the Heisman pose shortly after trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back