Dunkirk
Baby Driver
Blade Runner 2049
Wind River
Arrival
Deadpool
The Nice Guys

Now you got some movies you can watch
The Nice Guys was alright. Haven't seen the Dolemite movie yet, might be good. Escaped my mind, actually, so thanks for reminding, will check it out. Hadn't heard of that Wind River flick either. Will look that up, what's that all about.

The rest didn't do anything for me. Not that they're badly made, just one note basic stuff you can find anywhere else. You watch one scene or the trailer and it's, like, "Alright. Got it!"

And stuff like Get Out - above average Tales from the Crypt episode stretched to a feature - was really meh. And Baby Driver and Deadpool were dork vomit, sorry. I like Edgar Wright and Reynolds, normally.

But don't feel insulted. I just like what I like and, frankly, I know what's up, too. There's a reason why ticket sales are going down, despite theaters popping up everywhere. And why there's less and less real hype for less and less movies. The movie business is shot. Been limping ass for decades.

Not a great deal on the horizon, some decent looking movies in my watch list

A Quiet place 2
No Time To Die
Underwater
Black Widow
Candyman (remake)
Bill and Ted face the music
The Conjuring 3
Morbius
Halloween Kills
Last Night in Solo
Fantasy Island
Ghostbuster Afterlife

Every year the list gets smaller and smaller for me. Last year it was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, and Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. This year I can't think of any so far. I guess Top Gun and I still haven't seen Midway or 1917.

Good movies are becoming a rarity. Barely any good movies come out anymore

Depends a lot on your taste in cinema, what we've seen increasingly over the last 15 years or more I'd say is a divide in cinema between blockbusters and the arthouse.

Your looking for a modern version of someone like Kubrick and you won't find them getting mainstream exposure these days.

Depends a lot on your taste in cinema, what we've seen increasingly over the last 15 years or more I'd say is a divide in cinema between blockbusters and the arthouse.

Your looking for a modern version of someone like Kubrick and you won't find them getting mainstream exposure these days.

Id like to think I have better taste than most. Most of my all time favorites coincide with imbds top ratings, and I understand the difference good acting vs bad acting. Ive also seen more movies than most and I used to have a dvd collection of over 1000.

These days producers are too reliant on special effects and not enough about storyline.

I find in general, most of the best movies are dramas that don't have special effects and have solid acting and stories with emotion

Id like to think I have better taste than most.
Most of my all time favorites coincide with imbds top ratings,
giphy.gif

"The invisible man" looks interesting

They need to cut the trailer in half.

The first half is all they need, its creepy as fuck when she says "theres somebody sitting in that chair" but then they start showing way too much of the movie imo. It does look creepy as fuck though.

I find imbd to be pretty damn accurate with its ratings most of the time
it’s just that “better than most” & “coincides w/ imdb top ratings” is kinda contradictory because the top ratings are user based.

it’s just that “better than most” & “coincides w/ imdb top ratings” is kinda contradictory because the top ratings are user based.

Not really. People who log in and rate movies on imbd are movie buffs, not normal moviegoers imo. If they care enough to have an account and rate it, they probably know more than the average person

Not really. People who log in and rate movies on imbd are movie buffs, not normal moviegoers imo. If they care enough to have an account and rate it, they probably know more than the average person
i admire your faith in the interwebz, but i don’t think that is an accurate assumption to make.

Every year the list gets smaller and smaller for me. Last year it was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, and Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. This year I can't think of any so far. I guess Top Gun and I still haven't seen Midway or 1917.
What the hell does 1917 have to do with this thread?

Back