Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread: Kirsten Gillibrand Launches 2020 Presidential Exploratory Committee

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lead, Dec 24, 2018.

1. japman40

japman40 Green Belt

How many third party nominees have won the presidency? 51% is better than 0%, I live in California so I don't have to vote democrat if bernie doesn't get elected. Just like last election I voted for bernie in the primaries and green party for the general. How well did the green party do the last few elections?

2. japman40

japman40 Green Belt

You actually believe bernie would win the presidency running as a third party candidate? That's pretty delusional if you ask me.

Trump doesn't equal establishment democrat as much as you want to believe that. Even with a corrupt neoliberal like Hillary in charge we wouldn't have had a government shutdown, two horrible u.s supreme court picks, a tax cut for the rich that doubled the yearly deficit and made the middle class pick up the slack, extreme deregulation hurting the environment, pulling out of the iran deal, pulling out of the Paris agreement, etc....

Im an issues based voter and realist, you vote for what's the best option of what's given to you. The problem is our voting system, once that's change than your third party delusions would make sense.

3. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

It would depend on the field.

???

Based on what? Clinton vetoed a spending bill that shut down the government.
    2?
    Obama extended the tax cuts for the rich, why wouldn't Hillary or another Democrat?
    what has the Democratic Party done for the middle class? They're practically extinct.
    Glass-Steagall?
    Standing Rock? Does Flint MI count,
    You're 100% confident that Hillary Clinton wouldn't have pulled out fo the Iran Deal??
    This was bad optics at the very least, but I've read conflicting reports on how significant the agreement actually was. Don't know enough to comment intelligently.

As am I. I wouldn't vote for a third party candidate unless his/her platform was in line with my beliefs and what I felt was needed for the country to move forward.[/quote]

4. Anung Un Rama

I strongly disagree that a platform that is 49% shit is worth your vote when a third party platform might be 100% good is an option, but you're too scared they won't win. You did the right thing voting for Bernie and then Green in 2016.

5. japman40

japman40 Green Belt

It's not about being scared or not, it's about reality. It's about third party voting in a presidential election not being a realistic with our current voting system. If you can't understand that I don't know what to say.

I voted third party, how did that work out? I actually just voted green party to help them reach 5%

6. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

If I could choose between:

A. Protect the Kurds/Stay in Syria indefinitely
    B. Abandon the Kurds/Leave Syria immediately

I'd choose B every single time. It's an illegal war where our involvement was predicated on the reckless CIA training and armament of extremists which culminated in a thriving Al-Qaeda branch in Syria and ISIS.

Having said that, if it were up to me I would have remained diplomatic by first pushing for a ceasefire agreement that included ample protections for the Kurds with a path towards a free Kurdistan. Trump's lack of understanding of the situation and tact is apparent in this complete hands-off approach.

7. Streeter

Streeter Brown Belt

A Biden /Bloomberg ticket we ould be nice to see

M3t4tr0n likes this.
  8. Streeter

Streeter Brown Belt

Biden wins easily if he really wants it.

9. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Nope. Not 51%. Only got get about 5% right, but make it a really correct issue with your voter base

In Texas, that's guns. Alabama, fake the Christian act hard. Florida, don't say a damn thing about income tax. California, white Christian men are evil. Illinois, tax the rest of the state to pay for free shit in Chicago. Montana, look tough. New York, abortions for everyone.

So many single issue voters you just gotta get 1 or 2 issues right with them and the rest don't matter at all

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  10. Limit Smasher

Limit Smasher Brown Belt

Anyone think Maxine Waters might run? She seems to have a decent following. Would anyone here vote for her?

11. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments Free from yellow thanks to my state's congress

Yes, let's trot out guys that are pushing 80 in hopes of winning by not being Trump. That's worked out so well the last few years!

12. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt

Isn't a 1% chance of getting 99% of what you want, superior to a 50% chance of getting 51% of what you want?

13. Anung Un Rama

Its only a reality because people have been scared into thinking there isn't another choice. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

14. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

Does Bloomberg have appeal to anybody outside of NYC?

15. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Silver Belt

One of the perks of entering earlier is picking staff.

M3t4tr0n likes this.
  16. Anung Un Rama

2016 was Joe's window, he blew it.

17. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Red Belt

Now that California is now an early primary state, whoever wins that state, wins the nomination.

My guess would be either a California candidiate or someone that walks into the primaties with a HUGE war chest that can spend lots of money criss-crossing the state and buying up lots of ad space in many many markets from Eureka to San Diego.

18. bobgeese

bobgeese Silver Belt

Then gets smashed in the general.

John Q. Public isn’t voting for drunk driving fake Mexican guy.

Culombo likes this.
  19. bobgeese

bobgeese Silver Belt

Go out to Ohio and ask voters there if they’ve heard of any of those people.

Then try explaining how orange man bad because all those people were charged with stuff that had nothing to do with Trump.

<seedat>

Then try explaining why democrats support illegals over citizens.

That will really get you the votes...

Limit Smasher and Culombo like this.
  20. Culombo

Culombo Brown Belt

lol .. she has no chance whatsoever .. I guess it's good for her brand/name but she can't possibly think she has any shot