2018 World Cup - Mayberry Edition - France wins!

World Cup Finals - Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
Kagawa sounds like the spanish words Caga Agua,which means to shit water.

Omg the s american players just go down if anyone comes near them .. Its pathetic
that midfielder from Colombia has some histrionic hilarious flops

the fake agony on his face was hilarious.

what sucks about these 5 am games is a don't feel like drinking beer and watching the game.

Well, I have mixed feelings for our national team. Them qualifying for 1/8 for a change would be nice, but the state of our football is poor so them getting noticeable success might lead to Putin thinking all's ok and causing further stagnation.

From other teams I root for Iceland. It is seriously badass for a country with total of 300 000 people in it to qualify for a world cup. Also they are as close to vikings as you get.

that midfielder from Colombia has some histrionic hilarious flops

the fake agony on his face was hilarious.

Yeah .. falco.. God it's embarassing.. never seen an athlete so weak and pathetic.

Well, I have mixed feelings for our national team. Them qualifying for 1/8 for a change would be nice, but the state of our football is poor so them getting noticeable success might lead to Putin thinking all's ok and causing further stagnation.

From other teams I root for Iceland. It is seriously badass for a country with total of 300 000 people in it to qualify for a world cup. Also they are as close to vikings as you get.

I feel the same way about England, I think as soon as we go up against a half decent team we will choke.. like that did in the second half last night. Rubbish.

If you don't care about the World Cup, I fully expect you to come into this thread and yell about how much you don't care about it. I'm not giving you the poll option of "Not watching".

There is stuff about the World Cup in the Sports Bar, but...I'm not much for that sub, personally.

I've been told that I should root for Colombia or Peru because they haven't won. I've also been told that we're probably going to get another Germany/Brazil type of final, but we'll see. I put Russia as the first choice solely because they were the home team.

Show me what you got.
a moderator afraid of another sub forum...and you back Russia...this should be moved to the War Room...

giphy.gif

Gonna root for Brazil because of hot chicks.

Although I can’t handle all the flopping and fake crying from the players.

I have watched nearly every game.I am even up early right now for the Colombia game it is 4am on the west coast.

How did Tunisia earn a penalty and England didn't on two occasions then friend

Well done Japan .. Good performance all round.

There goes my money, Columbia!

Didn't watch it all, but how could have been a fix?
We are talking about fucking Tunisia here, not the host Russia.

Incompetent referee?! Yeah! but, again, we are talking about fucking Tunisia here, the English should have destroyed them, even with a bad referee.

I'm being over dramatic for the lolz
But it was dodgy as fuck

That VAR was getting on my nerves over pointless things in other games that really had not much relevancy to the matches

But no one saw harry Kane get rugby tackled to the ground twice?
Seriously

I'm being over dramatic for the lolz
But it was dodgy as fuck

That VAR was getting on my nerves over pointless things in other games that really had not much relevancy to the matches

But no one saw harry Kane get rugby tackled to the ground twice?
Seriously
I think it was two tackles and one choke hold...

Last edited:
Upset city up in here.

What do you guys think of that game winner from Senegal, was that legit?

I lucked out in my office World Cup draw and got both Germany and Spain, so if either of them win I get like $120. So Spain's my third team. Hopefully they don't implode now with dat manager situation
Cheater imo

Upset city up in here.

What do you guys think of that game winner from Senegal, was that legit?
Yeah szesny is just dodgy. Makes the group interesting as the two best teams on paper have to go all out now.

So Russia is smiting Egypt now, after they demolished Saudi Arabia. Can Uruguay shut them down in their game?

So Russia is smiting Egypt now, after they demolished Saudi Arabia. Can Uruguay shut them down in their game?
Russia probably wins the last game because they are playing infront of their fans. Both teams will be at 6 points and qualified to last 16 when they face off.
No matter their position in the group, they get Spain or Portugal. So far only two big teams that played on their level.

Back