• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2018 NBA FINALS v3: Why Lebron is NOT Jerry West***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just go ahead a call you a Lakers fan now?

Would be a hilarious development... Durant and Bron to LA. People would riot I swear.

Yep, people riot every time the Lake Show hangs a banner.

lol LeBron was gassed and shook. There is no 2 ways about it. He lacks that mentality. It is what it is.

lol LeBron was gassed and shook. There is no 2 ways about it. He lacks that mentality. It is what it is.

Funny how that “mentality” isn’t even necessary when bottling a shit tier franch like the Toronto Craptors.

Funny how that “mentality” isn’t even necessary when bottling a shit tier franch like the Toronto Craptors.

Raptors dont have Kevin Durant. LeBron doesnt fear but the very elite guys. He clearly wanted nothing to do with guarding a on fire KD with the game and likely the series on the line.

You cant really think for a second Jordan or Kobe would pass up that challenge. Its the strongest anti GOAT indictment type of argument you can make against LeBron and i gotta say, its true. Its inexcusable behavior. We saw that against Dallas when he deferred non stop in the 4th quarter, too. This was a small instance and im sure he is gassed but you gotta be that dude if you wanna be the GOAT. When the game is on the line you gotta be the guy to want to guard Durant there. He should have gone thru Stephanie like paper mache.

Curry with underrated GOAT level screens... only plausible explanation.

Warriors have an interesting off season ahead of them.

Already at 128mil and it seems Durant won’t be picking up his player option this off season, so that discount might be up.

Curry, Klay, Dray, Iggy, Livingston, Bell locked up for next season at 102 mil, add in what? 35 more for KD? You’re at 140mil with no bench.

Young, West, Pachulia, McCaw, Looney, McGee all on the table for scraps, or off the table with the Warriors searching for new scraps.

No bench needed with that lineup.

Lebron still has a ways to go before he assembles the Infinity GOATlet.

BDs trailer park neighbor finally caught on to BD siphoning Free WiFi and finally password locked it.

So now BD has to book an hour at the local public library and hop in his rascal. (He fucking hates this) so naturally his contributions have declined. It really is a shame as this may be the one talent he actually has and it’s been brutally taken from him.

Anyone down to start a BDs Internet Bill GoFundMe?

Nice sentiment, but we all know vd would just end up using that money to go on one of his hardy's benders.

Talk about a laughable sentiment. I expected more from you, IWB (actually I didn't).

This entire team was constructed upon the premise of maximum roids stat padding. This is why no analyst worth their salt takes any of his stats seriously on any level anymore as the offense boils down to two options

1.) Roid rush and shoot
2.) Roid rush and pass (must shoot)

This blueprint comes from the NBA 2k school of hoops strategy and predictably fails when implemented in the real world (with hilarious results). His teammates are good enough (criminally underrated, see: Lerv) to hit the requisite amount of shots for a ~7-10 assist night on average, but it simply isn't a winning approach. At least he can fool low rent analysts to think he's "not stat padding assists" on the way to yet another finals failure I suppose? LMAO

Great analysis though.

KD will take the player option and stay for another year to complete the 3 peat.

After that the warriors will change drastically since Thompson and KD will be free agents and potentially looking to earn twice as much as they get now.

Maybe they increase Thompson and let KD leave and receuit a lesser star but an important player like Barnes was. Best case scenario for them.

Warriors have an interesting off season ahead of them.

Already at 128mil and it seems Durant won’t be picking up his player option this off season, so that discount might be up.

Curry, Klay, Dray, Iggy, Livingston, Bell locked up for next season at 102 mil, add in what? 35 more for KD? You’re at 140mil with no bench.

Young, West, Pachulia, McCaw, Looney, McGee all on the table for scraps, or off the table with the Warriors searching for new scraps.

Keep the core of:

Curry
Klay
Dray
KD

Discard/Deal Iggy and Livingston.

Sign scraps, draft rookies

Fuck Kerr in his lilly white ass for not running plays to get Curry decent looks. His answer against the traps were getting the ball out of his hands. If Steph doest win the fmvp than whats the point of it all?

Lebron vs Durant career comparison

Lebron: 27.2 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 7.2 APG, 50% FG, 34% 3 point, 73% FT, 1,6 SPG, 0.8 BPG

Durant: 27.1 PPG 7.1 RPG, 3.9 APG, 49% FG, 38% 3 point, 88% FT, 1.2 SPG, 1.1 BPG

Head-to-Head in finals:

2012:

Lebron: 28.6 PPG, 10 RPG, 7,4 APG, 47% FG, 18% 3 point, 83% FT
Durant: 30.6 PPG, 6 RPG, 2.2 APG, 56% FG, 40% 3 point, 84% FT

Lebron: 33.6 PPG, 12 RPG, 10 APG, 56% FG, 39% 3 point, 65% FT
Durant: 35.2 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 5.4 APG, 56% FG, 47% 3 point, 93% FT

Lebron: 37.7 PPG, 9 RPG, 10.7 APG, 52% FG, 35% 3 point, 85% FT
Durant: 31.7 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 6.7 APG, 56% FG, 47% 3 point, 95% FT

It's interesting how narratives shape NBA history. The media is so obsessed with trying to force Lebron to the GOAT throne that they deliberately ignore that this matchup is far closer and more interesting than an imaginary MJ vs Lebron.

But, but Durant cheated! He plays with 13 hall of famers!!!!

2016 finals vs 2017 finals

Kyrie 27 PPG 4 APG
Tristan 10 PPG/10 RPG
JR 10.6 PPG
Love 8.6 PPG, 7 RPG

Curry 27 PPG 9 APG
Klay 16.4 PPG 5 RPG
Dray 11 PPG 10 RPG
Iggy 8.6 PPG 3 RPG

2012 finals vs 2018 finals

Wade 23 PPG
Bosh 15 PPG/10 RPG
Battier 11.6 PPG
Chalmers 10.6 PPG, 4 APG

Curry 24 PPG
Klay 18 PPG/ 3 RPG
Dray 9 PPG/8 RPG/ 9 APG
Livingston 9.3 PPG, 2 APG

Not to mention KD being by far the best player on three different USA teams.

World Championships 2010 final KD 28 Points
Olympics Final Game 2012 KD 30 Points
Olympics Final Game 2016 KD 30 points

I have no quarrel with anyone saying Lebron is the better player even if the stats are very similar. But the clear double standards that exist are proof how fabrication and distortion of narrative by the likes of ESPN shape and have shaped public opinion for the last 15 years. Two days ago they came up with the Top 50 post season runs and Dirk's 2011 was not on the list, while runs like Lebron's in 2009 when he lost to Dwight, Hedo and Skip to my Lou is top 30. Why? Because getting completely outplayed not only by Dirk, but Jason Terry is a huge stain on Lebron's legacy so we better pretend it didn't happen.

KD is a lot closer to Lebron than Lebron is to MJ. But what do i know. Nick Wright and Shannon Sharpe will tell you how Lebron has never played with an All Star in his life and has persevered through the Bloody East for years.

Lebron vs Durant career comparison

Lebron: 27.2 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 7.2 APG, 50% FG, 34% 3 point, 73% FT, 1,6 SPG, 0.8 BPG

Durant: 27.1 PPG 7.1 RPG, 3.9 APG, 49% FG, 38% 3 point, 88% FT, 1.2 SPG, 1.1 BPG

Head-to-Head in finals:

2012:

Lebron: 28.6 PPG, 10 RPG, 7,4 APG, 47% FG, 18% 3 point, 83% FT
Durant: 30.6 PPG, 6 RPG, 2.2 APG, 56% FG, 40% 3 point, 84% FT

Lebron: 33.6 PPG, 12 RPG, 10 APG, 56% FG, 39% 3 point, 65% FT
Durant: 35.2 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 5.4 APG, 56% FG, 47% 3 point, 93% FT

Lebron: 37.7 PPG, 9 RPG, 10.7 APG, 52% FG, 35% 3 point, 85% FT
Durant: 31.7 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 6.7 APG, 56% FG, 47% 3 point, 95% FT

It's interesting how narratives shape NBA history. The media is so obsessed with trying to force Lebron to the GOAT throne that they deliberately ignore that this matchup is far closer and more interesting than an imaginary MJ vs Lebron.

But, but Durant cheated! He plays with 13 hall of famers!!!!

2016 finals vs 2017 finals

Kyrie 27 PPG 4 APG
Tristan 10 PPG/10 RPG
JR 10.6 PPG
Love 8.6 PPG, 7 RPG

Curry 27 PPG 9 APG
Klay 16.4 PPG 5 RPG
Dray 11 PPG 10 RPG
Iggy 8.6 PPG 3 RPG

2012 finals vs 2018 finals

Wade 23 PPG
Bosh 15 PPG/10 RPG
Battier 11.6 PPG
Chalmers 10.6 PPG, 4 APG

Curry 24 PPG
Klay 18 PPG/ 3 RPG
Dray 9 PPG/8 RPG/ 9 APG
Livingston 9.3 PPG, 2 APG

Not to mention KD being by far the best player on three different USA teams.

World Championships 2010 final KD 28 Points
Olympics Final Game 2012 KD 30 Points
Olympics Final Game 2016 KD 30 points

I have no quarrel with anyone saying Lebron is the better player even if the stats are very similar. But the clear double standards that exist are proof how fabrication and distortion of narrative by the likes of ESPN shape and have shaped public opinion for the last 15 years. Two days ago they came up with the Top 50 post season runs and Dirk's 2011 was not on the list, while runs like Lebron's in 2009 when he lost to Dwight, Hedo and Skip to my Lou is top 30. Why? Because getting completely outplayed not only by Dirk, but Jason Terry is a huge stain on Lebron's legacy so we better pretend it didn't happen.

KD is a lot closer to Lebron than Lebron is to MJ. But what do i know. Nick Wright and Shannon Sharpe will tell you how Lebron has never played with an All Star in his life and has persevered through the Bloody East for years.
Do you have Usage % stats for all these? I’d bet Lebron is posting those stats with the ball in his hands a far higher % of the time.

I may be wrong though.

This offseason is going to be insane. DeAndre would probably have to take a major paycut tho. Plus Capela is essentially a younger clone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back