Elections 2018 Midterms: Polls, predictions and results.

I don’t know if Castro has what it takes and I like the guy. I thought his decision to sit out of 2018 wasn’t smart if the presidency was his end goal. He should’ve ran against Abbott and even if he didn’t win his stock wouldn’t risen within the party.
He has said he wants to run and that he wants to be free for the run up and campaign. Also any vote can be used against him so I think he is playing safe. Not sure that's the right decision either. Only time will tell. The man can speak and he would destroy most cons in debate. Sadly that has become more important than actual policy.
He will have a strong hand in TX. He and his brother are guite popular in an otherwise conservative state. Be watching for voter restrictions to be pushed bigly in and around Austin. Some creepy shit those Republicans are pulling with the reservations and young voters. They cant win on policy they try to win on technicalities. Disgusting imo.

The people of texas deserve everything they get.
There is a strong sensible presence in Austin. It is amazing how well they do for some areas of TX. I dont think people realize how much the conservative states actually use government assistance. Especially TX. They would be broke beyond repair without the federal assistance they get!

There is a strong sensible presence in Austin. It is amazing how well they do for some areas of TX. I dont think people realize how much the conservative states actually use government assistance. Especially TX. They would be broke beyond repair without the federal assistance they get!

Yet they’ll still vote for Cruz. Makes you Wonder

Dems take house

Dems pick up TN and maybe one other but lose at least Missouri giving GOP 50/50 Pence tie breaker

There's been a couple of oddities that have surrounded him. One instance saw some of his staffers pay $5,000 for software using city funds but using it for personal reasons. He ended up paying the money back when it came to light (and probably to his attention). In another instance, his brother was given tickets to a play by an undercover FBI posing as someone else. His brother gave the tickets to Gillum, who maintains that he thought his brother bought them.
Ok. I had read about those, I was just blanking on who it was regarding. Thanks

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/senate/

538’s senate prediction gives Republicans a 82.3% chance of keeping the Senate.

In my state, Texas, they give Beto only a 21.5% chance of defeating Cruz.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

They give Democrats a 86.5% chance of taking the House back.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/governor/

You can check out Governor races here.

It appears that Trump will focus on keeping senate in the last week

The crazy thing is I seen more Beto bumper stickers, yard signs and shirts and barely any Cruz and I don’t even live in Austin.

I forgot, but we will be seeing Senator Mitt Romney next year.

I think the Republicans will keep the House and Senate

Last edited:
Dems take house

Dems pick up TN and maybe one other but lose at least Missouri giving GOP 50/50 Pence tie breaker

I believe Josh Hawley is going to win Missouri. The Democrats win the House, Senate and Presidency in 2020

Potus will be tough if GOP has control of all three branches leading up to 2020
Maybe, a lot of stuff can change in two years. We should have a lot better idea of how Trump's economic strategy is playing out by then.

Yet they’ll still vote for Cruz. Makes you Wonder
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...anging-their-ballots-state-blames-user-error/
An election advisory from Director of Elections Keith Ingram, dated Oct. 23, said: “We have heard from a number of people voting on Hart eSlate machines that when they voted straight ticket, it appeared to them that the machine had changed one or more of their selections to a candidate from a different party. This can be caused by the voter taking keyboard actions before a page has fully appeared on the eSlate, thereby de-selecting the pre-filled selection of that party’s candidate.”

I believe Josh Hawley is going to win Missouri. The Democrats win the House, Senate and Presidency in 2020

Reminder to all Missourians (@Fawlty ) to get all your friends and family out to vote for McCaskill. Give them rides, pick them up cheeseburgers, do whatever you have to.

Reminder to all Missourians (@Fawlty ) to get all your friends and family out to vote for McCaskill. Give them rides, pick them up cheeseburgers, do whatever you have to.
Hawley has done nothing for Missouri to earn a single vote. He is going to be a Trump bot, and should not win, but i do believe he will.

Not even gonna bother voting this year. Even our local elections are a joke as most everyone is running with no competition.

Interesting how in American midterms have a historical tendency to go opposite direction of the general two years prior

It's extremely close right now, but when I'm out I see Hawley's people, not McCaskill's. She's not doing enough in St. Charles County from what I can tell, and that's a mistake.

Back