2016 Rio Olympics Discussion Thread V2: PED edition - U.S. Dominance

GB won 6 golds within 24 hours on Sunday.
That's a post war record.
Mo Farah, Andy Murray, Max Whitlock(2), Justin Rose and Jason Kenny.

Well done guys!

after a night out at the French Olympic team's hospitality house

{<jordan}

Ledecky on Dan Patrick in 10 minutes

Too bad 40 yard dash isn't an event, Gatlin would get gold and dominate Bolt's slow ass off the blocks.

QwhQU7i.gif

The defending 2015 world champ in hurdles wiped out on last hurdle in his heat and finished last

By running the smoothest 400m in history. Did you see his form in the final 60m? Unreal. Must have been wearing bear repellent.

NOTE for non-track people: 'a bear just jumped on his back' is the expression for 400/800m runners tying up in the final 60m.
I still want to check his T/E ratio.

The USA Field Hockey Training Center is right down the road from where I live. Might have to go over there and shit on their doorstep if we get eliminated right now vs Germany.

I still want to check his T/E ratio.

I'm all for testing and clean sport. Other than his performance, do you have some sketchy info on him?

He was no slouch last year winning at the world championships and going undefeated.

Van Niekerk, who is undefeated at 400m and 200m this year, becomes the fourth-fastest man in history. This does not even net him a championship record – Michael Johnson holds that with the world record 43.18 he ran to win in Seville in 1999 – but elevated him to fourth on the world all-time list behind Johnson, Butch Reynolds (43.29 in Zurich in 1988) and Jeremy Wariner (43.45 in winning the world title in Osaka in 2007).

Interesting fact. Lee Evans - the 1968 olympic champ --- would have been 2nd last night.

Watching the Greco-Roman matches and realize the Team USA coach looks like a familiar mutant.
It's Matt Lindland.

CprvgzDWcAQjODQ.jpg

CpqNMnMVYAEjhAN.jpg

Holy shit Simone Biles actually made a mistake.

The Brazilian that just went on the balance beam is 4'4 and 68 pounds.

Us/Brazil in men's beach volleyball is crazy with the wind

Back