2016 Rio Olympics Discussion Thread V2: PED edition - U.S. Dominance

Can't wait to see USA Basketball lose. They're acting like they can just show up and win it. Meanwhile all the other teams are coming in with the David vs. Goliath mentality.

is Shakur Stevenson going to win a gold medal?

i have felt no vibe or good buzz at all these olympics.

they have floated through with out gaining my attention like they used to.

but seeing usain stroll to gold again sucked. are we ever going to see him sprint the full 100m instead of sprinting like 87.38% and cruising the balance 12.62%?
If the dude ran an 8.5 people might get suspicious.

lebron_zpsligrynef.jpg

Ehhhh my boy the new Donovan Bailey, Andre Degrasse getting it done!

Bronze at 21 and silver when Gatlin's test comes back. Bright future for the kid

2020 Oleksiak and Degrasse fucking every country up LOOMS

Dammit I missed the 100m and had the results spoiled when trying to look up the time of it. Although it's not surprising. Is it just me or is the reporting on the time events occur really shitty. I'd just like a consolidated simple chart without having to click through 5 pages to find out when specific events are to occur. I'm in the US, so pretty much stuck with NBC.

Was just watching Simone Manuel get interviewed by Ryan Poocrust. Damn, she's got a sexy face.

Can't wait to see USA Basketball lose. They're acting like they can just show up and win it. Meanwhile all the other teams are coming in with the David vs. Goliath mentality.
I expect them to play much better defense now that pool play is over. I'd still be pretty surprised if someone beat them.

How do you destroy the record from the outside lane?? If he was an MMA fighter we'd be all checking his T/E ratio.

By running the smoothest 400m in history. Did you see his form in the final 60m? Unreal. Must have been wearing bear repellent.

NOTE for non-track people: 'a bear just jumped on his back' is the expression for 400/800m runners tying up in the final 60m.

Last edited:
Back