Elections 2016 New Hampshire Primary Discussion

Who wins the NH Primary? (Pick one for each party)

• John Kasich (R)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeb Bush (R)

• Chris Christie (R)

• Ben Carson (R)

• Carly Fiorina (R)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You say "immigration", but it sounds to me like you're actually talking about illegal immigration...

...Now, let's do that again, do you wanna talk about immigrants, or illegal immigrants?

hello Akrain2K,

sure, we can talk about both illegal immigrants and refugees.

as long as there is unresolved conflict between illegal immigration policy and the wishes of the US Chamber of Commerce/business interests, this issue is going to remain a big problem for the GOP. the reality is that the folks are coming across the border because they're getting hired here in the US.

whether its in the hospitality industry, or the agricultural industry, or the numerous pricey restaurants that monied americans dine in, etc...US business interests want these illegal immigrants here.

you're not going to able to solve these issues by demonizing them as drug distributors and rapists.

as far as refugees go, the idea of suspending constitutional freedoms by having a religious test for refugees is the stuff of Marie Le Pen, and not worthy of this country.

- IGIT

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhn2apUaCc0

This video is prime example why Kasich is loved by Democrats, for three reasons.

One, he says Bernie, Hillary, and himself are like porridge. 'Bernie is too hot, Hillary is too cold, but he's just right.' Liberals got to stick together, reguardless of what party they're in, right?

Two, he's creepy as fuck in this clip with the 'let's get up close and personal' and 'will you call me?'

Three, he's a complete beta. In additional to the 'Mr. Rogers wants to be President' schitch, he says 'Oh second though, don't call me, I might cry.'

Yup, I can completely understand why Liberals want him to be the Republican nominee. He's a guaranteed winner against Bernie or Hillary.

Nobody likes Bloomberg.
Liberals hate his fiscal policies,Conservatives hate his Soda ban/gun antics

There's a widespread and inaccurate belief in the media that there is an underserved market for a platform that is right-wing on economic issues and left-wing on social issues. But that's really like 2% of the population (members of the MSM and forum posters, basically). There is a market for the opposite platform--left-wing economics and right-wing on social and identity issues. Basically, "conservative" economic policy is about providing ridiculous justifications for upward redistribution of wealth, and no one really buys it anymore, but people who are "conservative" in their outlook are willing to take the good with the bad. Conversely, even most liberals reject campus radicalism and similar stuff, though they are also willing to take the good with the bad. Trump has the typical crazy right-wing economic ideas on his platform, but no one really believes he's sincere about that so he is kind of tapping that real underserved market.

Its rarely the case, but this is a rare primary. Trump and Cruz have unfavorables that are very unusual.
As of last month Jeb Bush was the only Republican candidate to have a net unfavorable rating amongst Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. He's widely disliked. The good news for whoever ends up being the establishment candidate is Trump and Cruz are taking votes from each other, but Bush is so disliked that I have a hard time seeing people get behind him in mass. He's certainly not going to get Republicans to come out in big numbers in a GE. Rubio is still easily the best chance the establishment has, but he's being destroyed by other establishment candidates.

There's a widespread and inaccurate belief in the media that there is an underserved market for a platform that is right-wing on economic issues and left-wing on social issues. But that's really like 2% of the population (members of the MSM and forum posters, basically). There is a market for the opposite platform--left-wing economics and right-wing on social and identity issues. Basically, "conservative" economic policy is about providing ridiculous justifications for upward redistribution of wealth, and no one really buys it anymore, but people who are "conservative" in their outlook are willing to take the good with the bad. Conversely, even most liberals reject campus radicalism and similar stuff, though they are also willing to take the good with the bad. Trump has the typical crazy right-wing economic ideas on his platform, but no one really believes he's sincere about that so he is kind of tapping that real underserved market.
Bolded: And we ought to take people like Trump at their word for their bad ideas, and be skeptical of their good ones. I'm disappointed in Americans for getting that wrong. They think "he's just full of hot air" but that is a very dangerous assumption.

I disagree with that work play. The "dangerous" shit trump is saying (the bigoted, racist, xenophobic stuff), is completely unenforceable or actionable. He's not banning muslims from entering the country and hes not getting mexico to build a wall and pay for it. He isn't going to have the ability to have mass deportations either.

The guy is the definition of pandering, who knows the easiest way to win republicans is to appeal to the most ignorant population of republicans with false promises that aren't actionable. He even tried to appeal to the second most ignorant group of the population (evangelicals), but cruz has him beat at that game and he's blissfully ignorant on christianity.

My god. What if this becomes like that Cali election? If we see Sanders, Trump, Cruz, and Bloomberg all running in the general, who else would jump in? Kanye 2016? Cliven Bundy?
lol at Cliven Bundy.

I disagree with that work play. The "dangerous" shit trump is saying (the bigoted, racist, xenophobic stuff), is completely unenforceable or actionable. He's not banning muslims from entering the country and hes not getting mexico to build a wall and pay for it. He isn't going to have the ability to have mass deportations either.

The guy is the definition of pandering, who knows the easiest way to win republicans is to appeal to the most ignorant population of republicans with false promises that aren't actionable. He even tried to appeal to the second most ignorant group of the population (evangelicals), but cruz has him beat at that game and he's blissfully ignorant on christianity.

Obviously left room there for someone to ask which group is #1?

Sorry I was insinuating racists as the most ignorant group of republicans and evangelicals as second most.

Back