• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 Summer Transfer thread, v3: The Season LOOMS

Just noticed Liverpool's opener is against Southampton

Awkwaaaaard

Apparantly Loic Remy won't be moving to Liverpool.

ihehnscjsfxkktclwcui.jpg

Remy fails alot of medicals because he has a hole in his heart

Well, that is not good for him.

Probably showed up at the medical talking about how he plays for QPR and not Southampton

Probably showed up at the medical talking about how he plays for QPR and not Southampton

Apparently they are looking at Jay Rodriguez instead!!!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Going from Suarez to Rickie Lambert up front.

lol.

Liverpool haven't really capitalised on their Champions League place, they're just signing decent league players.

Simon Peach @SimonPeach
Follow
I am told Schneiderlin & Rodriguez are close to linking up with former #SaintsFC boss Pochettino at #THFC. It never rains but it pours.
11:27 AM - 28 Jul 2014

Everton ✔ @Everton
Follow
CONFIRMED: Everton sign Muhamed Besic on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
BtpFWKFIAAAXUvC.jpg

11:41 AM - 28 Jul 2014

Over/Under on Southampton not even being left with their own kit and logo by the end of the xfer window?

I feel bad for their fans, raped by their own success. At least Atletico has the funds/name power to recover from it.

Meh, I've seen the same thing happen to Southampton to other teams many times over, it's cruel but that's just the way football works.

Seriously though spare a thought for those few Southampton players left who can't even get a move to Spurs. Depressing

17.19 BST: Newcastle have been placed second favourites with the bookies to sign Pierre Emerick Aubemayang from Borussia Dortmund. The pacey forward scored a very good 16 goals in his debut season in the Bundesliga but reports in Germany claim Jurgen Klopp is actively looking to sell him.

sauce: http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-...-battle-with-louis-van-gaal-for-juan-cuadrado

What an odd transfer that would be. Wonder why Klopp doesn't like him. He's crazy fast and has a good scoring record. Good to have on the bench at the very least.

Pardew wouldn't have a clue how to use him. Don't go there Pierre! Pardew probably thinks he's french.

Calum Chambers all signed up. Remember him being good against us last season and doing a number on Santi a couple of times.

As a Wu-Tang fan, I was hoping his squad number would be 36, but they've gone for 21. Boo that.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/28/arsenal-sign-calum-chambers-southampton

I kinda think we over-spent on him, 16m ... he might prove me wrong and become a quality investment, but 16m on a teenager .... could have put it towards signing Khedira.

Back