- 2014 NBA offseason thread, v1: The LeTears Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will Lebron and his mercenary fans for hire land next? If he returned to Cleveland(long shot) it will be hilarious to see everyone who talked shit about the Cavs since 2010 come crawling back.

I think it will be between Miami and Houston. He's not going to play for Gilbert at this point in his career after all the shit he talked about Lebron.

The story on ESPN makes it sound like James is definitely going elsewhere, and not opting out to re-structure his contract to help bring in more assets for the Heat.

I didn't read it one way or the other. It seemed like Lebron is looking at his options, and staying in Miami is definitely an option.

Chris Webber recently said that Tobe and D.Wade would never average 20 points or more in a season again. Agree or Disagree?

I didn't read it one way or the other. It seemed like Lebron is looking at his options, and staying in Miami is definitely an option.

That's how I read it as well. By doing it this early he gives teams a week to prepare their pitches to him

I think it will be between Miami and Houston. He's not going to play for Gilbert at this point in his career after all the shit he talked about Lebron.

It wouldn't make any sense for LeBron to go anywhere else, imo.

There is no way in hell that Lebron is going to a small market anywhere. It was already unfair to his legacy relative to other superstars like Kobe and Duncan that he was born into a wasteland like Cleveland. Any superstar with a brain, once he gains control of his contract, should leave a small market and never return. Lebron realized how stupid he was not to leave when he first got the chance.

It wouldn't make any sense for LeBron to go anywhere else, imo.

I certainly wouldn't say that. HGHwade is done as an All-Star level player. Bosh is now a spot up three point shooter. Miami would need to make significant improvements to the roster for them to win another title

There is no way in hell that Lebron is going to a small market anywhere. It was already unfair to his legacy relative to other superstars like Kobe and Duncan that he was born into a wasteland like Cleveland. Any superstar with a brain, once he gains control of his contract, should leave a small market and never return. Lebron realized how stupid he was not to leave when he first got the chance.

I don't disagree but if towards the end of his career Cleveland miraculously managed to put together a roster that could compete I could see him going home.

I certainly wouldn't say that. HGHwade is done as an All-Star level player. Bosh is now a spot up three point shooter. Miami would need to make significant improvements to the roster for them to win another title

Which they could do by cutting Bosh and Wade. That's pretty improbable, though.

I don't disagree but if towards the end of his career Cleveland miraculously managed to put together a roster that could compete I could see him going home.
I don't, RR. I simply don't. He's going to pick a large market. He's going to stay in Miami, or leave to Houston or LAC. Everyone else is a longshot, and at the front of that line are all large markets.

The ESPN story's been updated to state that despite Lebron opting out, it doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving the Heat. You guys may be right about the restructuring.

I'd like to see him leave though. Being with Bosh & Wade both elevates his game but also constrains it. I'd love to see him go somewhere where he doesn't have two other All-Stars on the team; I think he'd shine even more.

My sources have told me that Miami Heat fans will also be exercising their early termination option.

Eastern conference is so weak even if Miami plays next year with exactly the same squad they would probably still end up in finals... Still it would be epic if Lebron went to western conference a bit, where the REAL competition is at...

Which they could do by cutting Bosh and Wade. That's pretty improbable, though.

They can't cut them because both could just opt in to their contracts next season. Bosh can still command a big salary on the open market but nobody but Miami will give Wade anything close to that.

Chris Webber recently said that Tobe and D.Wade would never average 20 points or more in a season again. Agree or Disagree?

The way things are going now for Wade (playing 3/4 of a season), next year I'm sure he'll be playing even fewer games which will help his average since he'll have more time to rest in between games.

Brycant is done though.

I don't, RR. I simply don't. He's going to pick a large market. He's going to stay in Miami, or leave to Houston or LAC. Everyone else is a longshot, and at the front of that line are all large markets.

This contract of course but I'm talking Cleveland as a possibility for his last deal. Everyone has said that he's a pretty sensitive dude and he loves Akron so it would be a way for him to "make amends". Obviously, he doesn't owe anyone anything but his son is a really good player and Lebron wants him to go to Saint Vincent St. Mary's. It could end up as perfect timing for him (son is only 9). It's Miami or Houston imo and Chicago or Houston for Carmelo. I don't see any other teams really posing a threat. Clips have an outside chance.

Can't wait for lebron to be a clipper. Decandre and Crawford should be enough in a sign and trade

I am surprised Bosh hasn't opted out to hit f/a, or is that next year he can?

The One True will be back to optimum performance in no time. Over 20 PPG easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back