2014 MLB Discussion v4: NO BALL FOR YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a cool story. Ben Revere hit his first career home run tonight. I'm not sure if he has the record for most career at bats w/o a home run by a non-pitcher since it's not getting too much press. But one of my friends was at the game and caught the ball. He's getting a signed bat and ball from Ben.

Got a cool story. Ben Revere hit his first career home run tonight. I'm not sure if he has the record for most career at bats w/o a home run by a non-pitcher since it's not getting too much press. But one of my friends was at the game and caught the ball. He's getting a signed bat and ball from Ben.

Pretty cool. over 1500 plate appearances without a HR. That just seems crazy.

Ben Revere went 1-for-5 with a solo home run in Tuesday's loss to the Rockies.
Revere entered the game homerless in 1,562 plate appearances and went 0-for-3 before hitting his first career home run in the seventh inning off of Boone Logan. Certainly an ignominious feat. Despite the home run, Revere remains far away from respectability at the top of the Phillies' lineup, slashing .288/.301/.337 with 12 stolen bases

Looks like Kemp may get his start at LF soon.

Carl Crawford left Tuesday's game in the eighth inning with a left ankle injury.
Crawford was hurt on the warning track playing Chris Heisey's double. With Matt Kemp apparently still learning the ins and outs of left field, Scott Van Slyke took over. If it's a DL-type situation for Crawford -- and it most likely is -- then Kemp should start playing regularly again soon.

cool story bro (srs)

Is that the record for most ab's before a home run? Thats insane, even the lightest hitters get one over the fence every now and then.

reverehr.gif

You know it would be a shitty feeling to be the pitcher to give up a first career HR to a guy that hasn't hit one in over 1500 plate appearances

Puig haters will have to wait until he misses a cut off man to talk shit about him. Kind of weak shit if that's what it takes.

Puig is still a huge can on defense. People were going apeshit over his catch the other day and completely dismissed him charging in on a ground ball and fucking it up. Then he got doubled up on an infield fly. Dude had a peanut brain. Mvpuig.

Corona has gone silent he used to be such a big fan. I wonder why he doesn't talk about Puig anymore?

You've gone pretty silent in fantasy talk. Heard all offseason how you were the billy bean of fantasy baseball and your team is battling for last place.

Besmirched.

Lol at the Yankees getting shut out by cance Lynn. The al east is almost as bad as a national league division this year.

That 50 cent first pitch tho. F level athlete. Dude looked like an actual mets pitcher for a sec.

That 50 cent pitch is pretty damn fantastic. Don't think I could do that if I tried.

It still blows my mind at how some people can't throw a ball. Maybe I'm jaded since I had a baseball in my hand as soon as I was old enough to grip it but I can't wrap my head around it.

I think the big problem was the skinny jeans. He just couldnt get that extension. Typical lefty who has never thrown a baseball though.

Puig is still a huge can on defense. People were going apeshit over his catch the other day and completely dismissed him charging in on a ground ball and fucking it up. Then he got doubled up on an infield fly. Dude had a peanut brain. Mvpuig.

Here's the nit picking. Guess you missed the play Monday that saved a run from scoring and tying the game.

Here's the nit picking. Guess you missed the play Monday that saved a run from scoring and tying the game.

He probably gave up a run on a terrible play to give the other team the lead before or after that. You're the one nit picking, the dude makes terrible plays in the outfield and base paths on the regular.

Lol. Stop being such a can and give him his due. You said he would be batting .220 and you're horribly wrong.

Puig has comparable natural talent I'd say. Probably the only guy in the league who you can say that about.

Corona is just a hater.

Dodger fans completely ignore puigs terrible baseball iq because of some highlight reel plays. He's a good hitter and exciting to watch for sure. But he makes more bonehead moves than anyone in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back