2014/15 Premier League Discussion: Active January Edition

xtramob

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Arsenal - Tulian, LilMountain, Wand4Life, Concrete, fingercuffs, Kadafi, Santi Claus, Clear Winner, Frenzy, wang xiangzhai, Just A Username, Strongwinds, Goonerview , Gunners, Mga223, Phonix,Gervinho
Aston Villa - Jonkudo, Mongol
Burnley -
Rent Boy's - TheStruggleIsReal, Da Speeit, BryanIam,
Crystal Palace
Everton
Hull
Lie-chest-urrr
Scouse Scum - ShamrockFTW, GracieMMABarra, Byron, Edge, Driver, Spoken, coolpotato
*formerly known as Man City - not enough fans to deserve a mention*
Canchester united - LEWIS540, Sexy, MCX, Nowhere Fast, Jim Rockford, Eames, Dr J, Cyrano200, Chris Partlow
Newcastle - Pecker123
QPR
So'ton
Stoke
Sunderland - Cardonalj, UltraMagnus
Swansea - Zer*
Spurs - bolochung, hooneswot, Lloyd
West Brom -
West Ham - Tobago Jones

Mansfield Town - blokeybloke
Norwich - Kirku
Middlesbrough - Kingofthemods
Coventry City - sammydanger69
Portland Timbers - Xtramob
Cardiff City - EOW

Disclaimer: Thread can get off topic at time, deal with it, we like to have fun here.

Mascot
t6OF4f1.jpg

10903247_430631077091199_885152020_n.jpg

Last edited:
arsenal are a small club

Sexy length of out bet?

One of my observations about football, after growing up watching baseball, is football seems to put a little too much stock in a manager. The overall american (baseball) mentality is that players win games, which I think proves true to an extent. When Rogers has Suarez and Sturridge scoring 50 goals he's MOTY, when he loses high quality players like that he's average. Same could be said for Wenger and the invencibles. Wenger isn't a worse manager now, but his players sure are different. etc etc

The English do love the idea of a Manager but Americans have plenty of Coach worship. I agree with the main premise though, elite players will cover up a lot of sins for a Manager but I guess it depends how closely you look to determine how much influence a Manager is having on a successful team. It

I am yes.

Everton have never been blessed with depth & they have had an horrific injury log, taking out very key spine players.

Honestly think he's just having some rotten luck. Current Lg position is unacceptable though. Very interested to see how he handles this adversity.

He seems like the kinda manager who could do well at one of the really big clubs..............whether he ever gets that chance remains to be seen.

if Suarez comes back to the epl guess he wouldn't be back at liverpool they wouldn't be able to afford it

Completely agree.

I've been SAF's biggest critic in here regarding the transfer dealings of his last few years, much to Zer's chagrin.

I should have clarified, i meant in that he was a very convincing salesman. I know the Club by itself helps but Fergie was always a stone cold closer.

Yeah- Moyes attempts to sign Fabregas, Kroos and Alcantara were laughable. The fact we ended up with Fellani (who would have been 5m cheaper a month earlier) showed how out of his depth he was.

Not saying SAF would have necessarily got his man, but he would never ended up with such egg on his face.

if Suarez comes back to the epl guess he wouldn't be back at liverpool they wouldn't be able to afford it

You'd imagine City or maybe Chelsea.........doubt he'd be accepted by MUFC fans. Not sure Arsenal/Spurs/Pool would appeal to him/ would be able to afford it.

Completely agree.

I've been SAF's biggest critic in here regarding the transfer dealings of his last few years, much to Zer's chagrin.

I should have clarified, i meant in that he was a very convincing salesman. I know the Club by itself helps but Fergie was always a stone cold closer.
Paul Pogba sums it up

same with messi if he leaves , I read only 3 teams can afford him realistically Madrid , Bayern and Utd

The English do love the idea of a Manager but Americans have plenty of Coach worship. I agree with the main premise though, elite players will cover up a lot of sins for a Manager but I guess it depends how closely you look to determine how much influence a Manager is having on a successful team. It

We'd have to definitely sell some players to get Suarez

Cazorla could fetch around

He seems like the kinda manager who could do well at one of the really big clubs..............whether he ever gets that chance remains to be seen.
Agree again.
He's just babysitting kids & trying to squeeze extra out of v tired legs at Everton. And Barry whilst a great player was never a dynamic player, even in his prime. Moyes did v well to add an extra 2yrs onto Distin's career. To expect anymore of him is a little much.

If he had a big Club squad full of self-motivated winners he could concentrate on actual coaching, which is his strength.

There is something wrong with your av Tules

Real Madrid Ozil LOOMS

Can't expect Ozil to be prime right after injury... Look at Feo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back