2013-2016 Conor was the greatest peak in MMA history and his resume during that period is unmatched

Israel Adesanya debut feb 2018 interim champ april 2019 undisputed champ October 2019

Reactions: HHJ
Conor has an insane resume because he was gifted the opportunities that were straight up refused for other fighters. Aldo wanted to have a champ champ fight with Pettis but the UFC told him NO.

Looks great on paper but Poirier and Holloway were babies when he beat them in 2014. Of course Conor was young too but he peaked early while Dustin and Max entered their prime forms around 2016 or 17. Prime for prime I'm not sure he beats them. So his only top notch wins are Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez. Still a great run but not THAT great.
Poirier was not a baby, he was ranked in the top 10 for a while. They are the same age and porier had more fights than conor

Poirier was not a baby, he was ranked in the top 10 for a while. They are the same age and porier had more fights than conor
He was a baby in terms of where his skills were in relation to his eventual peak. Conor was much closer to his peak

It's not about age or number of fights, it's about prime. Fighters peak at different ages. Poirier is clearly better now than he was then. Found his right weight class and polished his game. Point being, it was a good win then but not as good as beating Poirier 2017-currently.

Last edited:
Before you guys go nuts I'm not saying Conor is the goat. In fact, I think he is barely top 10, if that.

But the period of 2013-2016 was the sickest run in MMA history and was undoubtedly the greatest peak of any fighter.

In that period (of which nearly a year was spent healing an ACL injury) Conor racked wins against Holloway, Dustin, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, and AlvareZ.

He beat both Feathwrweight GoATs and became first ever champ champ

He accomplished in 2 years what it takes fighters a decade to accomplish.

And that's Not even mentioning how he became the PPV king With none of his Ppvs selling less than a million since Mendes fight.

I think people won't fully acknowledge what a sick run he had until he retires and all the hate wears off.

2013-2016 Conor was truly the greatest peak in MMA history
You aren't wrong, but watch the goal posts move so people can deny your thought

The greatest peak in the sport's history has a loss in it haha. To a non-champ, non-training camp Diaz.

Move over Fedor, Jones, Anderson, and GSP. A guy that lost within the artifical bullshit timeframe set by TS eclipsed all of you lol.

You aren't wrong, but watch the goal posts move so people can deny your thought
Goal posts move? TS set the bullshit goal posts to begin with: to benefit Conor as much as possible. His timeframe runs exactly from Conor's first historically-relevant win at FW to winning the paper LW belt UFC fed to him before it was stripped because he was so terrified to defend, knowing that he'd lose, that the UFC reluctantly took it from him... but only after he set the world record of non-defending in MMA history.

Even IN the artificial timetable TS set he still lost within that timeframe haha

Last edited:
Shut up - that just makes it more embarrassing for that kind of guy to absolutely FAIL MISERABLY in becoming a better mmartist during a period well past the point of the evolution/ mma ceiling.

He has no placing on ANY goat list ( unless we're talking about " draws") and not even a top 50 all time mmartist. That's tough to accomplish as a former champ champ.

When the Ronda and McGregor era overlapped Dana was at his happiest.

I think that just from the eye test prime Conor was an absolute savage that was seriously good as fuuuk. But he doesn’t have that many wins to beef up his resume and calling it “the greatest peak in MMA history” is way too far. One of my favorite fighters to watch though

i feel like in 15 years sherdog will still be having these exact same threads

i feel like in 15 years sherdog will still be having these exact same threads
Thousond years from now people will still talk about Conor and how freaking manly he was while trying to do his legendary billionaire strut walk.

Also given that short notice Mendes was dominating him until he predictably gassed, even that win isn't impressive if we're talking all time runs.

Lol that doesn't discount a win. That's like downplaying Silva's win against Sonnen.

3 top 10 wins in 4 years omfg never done before!!!!1!

Conor isn't even top 50 of all time.

Reactions: TR1
Not even top 10 peak

Beating 2013 Max doesnt really mean anything. He wasnt even a top 20 FW back then and just lost to Dennis Bermudez too.

100% correct. This whole thread is casual nonsense.

Cejudo’s run beating Mighty Mouse, Marlon and Cruz is better.

He was on track to be possibly the FW GOAT before he went for a 2nd belt, boxing, Rita Ora, etc.

The simps will sperg out but you are dead on. I get it, you are not saying he is the GOAT, just the levels that he rose to during that time will never be reached again. No UFC fighter will ever go from an empty bank account to highest paid athlete on planet earth in half a dozen years either. I think the haters get it too, but the butt hurt over Conor reaching those heights is too still deep.

The Aldo KO was just surreal - we will probably never have such an epic and storied build up again and then have it end in such a way. Conor was so huge that people started video taping themselves watching his fights and in turn those videos went viral, where as true A level athletes were modeling their celebrations after him. The whole ride from the Dublin event (which was the craziest UFC atmosphere ever) to the Madison Square Garden show was just insane. We will probably never see an MMA fighter reach that level of super stardom, fame, the full package, mystic prediction making, and perfect combination of traits (strike like Andy, talk like Chael, it factor of Brock, f it attitude of Diaz bros) probably ever again.

It was really just the perfect storm at the perfect time, still cant believe it happened the way it did. I really thought Conor would lose much earlier, never become champ-champ and would end up the pre cursor to Lando, Korean Wonderboy or Perry. Becoming a UFC champ, nm a double champ, is near impossible, nm having all the other factors in play.

Becoming a Double champ is no where near impossible when you dont have to defnd your first belt and be given an immediate shot at the champ above. If every champ in history had this we'd have about 20 champ champs.

Also Mcgregors run didnt fking invent reaction videos hahahha jesus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back