2012 HBO Ratings Full List. Great Year.

It was closer to 500k buys, and that's not the amount of viewers. Its at least 3 people per ppv but I dont know the actual number they use.

Also like I said, Showtime never breaks a mil... Breaking a mil on showtime while competing with a fight of that magnitude is unbelievable really.

Some big shows like Dexter break a mill sort of often now. The thing is you have to take boxing as it is. It's in a terrible timeslot and still bring huge numbers.

For example Rousey's best fight did 500k on Showtime and it was considered a succcess. Canelos's numbers are pretty amazing for Showtime. You have to inflate the numbers to consider how important it would be on major TV. Showtime has 26 million subs, CBS is available to 115 million. You don't have to be a math genius to see how much that would inflate on network TV.

Some big shows like Dexter break a mill sort of often now. The thing is you have to take boxing as it is. It's in a terrible timeslot and still bring huge numbers.

For example Rousey's best fight did 500k on Showtime and it was considered a succcess. Canelos's numbers are pretty amazing for Showtime. You have to inflate the numbers to consider how important it would be on major TV. Showtime has 26 million subs, CBS is available to 115 million. You don't have to be a math genius to see how much that would inflate on network TV.

Ya. I get what you are saying. I was speaking primarily in boxing terms. Not including other movies or shows.

That list doesn't have much correlation with the quality of fights. IMO Ward-Dawson was the most significant fight on that list and it sits at #7. Two American based fighters, both Ring champions in their respective weight classes fighting in their prime and it falls six places below Chavez Jr. vs. Rubio? Ouch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back