2012 HBO Ratings Full List. Great Year.

Cazadores

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not every show, but all the shows that broke 1m. Which was 16. Great year for HBO. Wish I had the list of Showtime's ratings. They have much lower ratings for boxing, and this year really stepped it up and got some good ones.

How many less subscribers does showtime have then HBO? I don't really think it's that much less. Seems like Showtime is doing a good job of bringing in new viewers.

Boxing on cable in 2012: Lots of fights, lots of viewers and lots of love for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
By Kevin Iole | Boxing

Nice thread ZroC... wha??!??

Seriously, nice thread.

Ouch, awful numbers.
Boxing is it's own worst enemy.

16 shows surpassed 1 million viewers??

Well that's it folks, boxing is DEAD

At face value it's impossible to tell if you guys are serious or not.

Ya, it's getting pretty hard to tell on this forum. I joined in on it briefly, but the sarcasm in here is at a whole new level.

Wasn't aware Broner was pulling those type of numbers. He's definitely got the makings of becoming the next big thing.

Broner did those numbers fighting a gatekeeper in Escobedo. There's no telling what is next for the guy.

Why do we keep trusting Iole's tv ratings when he keep getting them wrong? Remember he said Chavez vs Lee pulled over 2 million. He releases all these little announcements on twitter but we don't know if they're accurate or not.

I think the fact that they are regs in this forum, alluded to their sarcasm.

That's why I said at face value.

Khan drew over 600k on Showtime while directly competing with the boxing powerhouse that is HBO.

So essentially over 2m people watched boxing on premium network tv over the weekend. Man, I'm telling you... Put premium boxers on network tv and you are going to grab 5m viewers minimum every time.

Broner and boxing in general doing impressive stuff.

people actually wasted their time watching Hopkins-Dawson???... That's something I never expected.

Interesting

Canelo isn't as popular as everyone thought

Got numbers for previous years?

Interesting

To be fair, he was competing against the far superior PPV with Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez on the same night. I don't really think those numbers are indicative.

Broner did 1.4 with Escobedo, but in a world title shot against DeMarco who is probably more known and was the more competitive opponent he did only 1.1... So either people got annoyed with Broner and did not decide to watch or the Escobedo fight was just fluke numbers.

HBO will be giving Chavez Jr. any fight he wants when he puts in numbers like that.

Interesting

Showtime never breaks a mil. A mil on showtime is incredibly impressive, and even more so when you consider (like said above) he competed with a successful Jr/Martinez ppv.

To be fair, he was competing against the far superior PPV with Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez on the same night. I don't really think those numbers are indicative.

Even if you add Chavez Jr's 400k buys to Canelo/Lopez's 1m viewers the figure isn't as amazing as what I would have expected.

I thought he was the next big thing

But it appears Chavez Jr is far closer to being worthy of that title

Even if you add Chavez Jr's 400k buys to Canelo/Lopez's 1m viewers the figure isn't as amazing as what I would have expected.

It was closer to 500k buys, and that's not the amount of viewers. Its at least 3 people per ppv but I dont know the actual number they use.

Also like I said, Showtime never breaks a mil... Breaking a mil on showtime while competing with a fight of that magnitude is unbelievable really.

You haven't seen his numbers in Mexico, have you?

Back