2010 UFC Champs vs. Today

Prime Cain - old DC beats Stipe 2/3 times imo, he just need to fight smart
Jones - obviously
Silva - Gastelum was doing really well standing against Izzy
GSP - Kamaru's stand up is terrible. Colby would have won if he kept his mouth closed while striking. And nobody outwrestles prime GSP
Khabib - Maynard was close to beating Frankie
Aldo - prime Aldo does not lose to wrestle boxers

Stipe
Jones (GP Rua is a different animal tho)
A Silva
GSP
Khabib
Aldo

Jones and Chabib are the only two I would pick from the current guys.

Coincidentally the two guys with the biggest size advantage over the other one.

Cain by mauling
Jones, we've seen it
Anderson by whatever he wants
GSP by jabbing the shit out of Usman for 5 rounds, maybe getting a late takedown in 2 rounds
Chabib by mauling
Aldo, although this one might not be that easy. Volkanovski is no slouch.

Lol at all the fanboys picking
Prime Cain - old DC beats Stipe 2/3 times imo, he just need to fight smart
Jones - obviously
Silva - Gastelum was doing really well standing against Izzy
GSP - Kamaru's stand up is terrible. Colby would have won if he kept his mouth closed while striking. And nobody outwrestles prime GSP
Khabib - Maynard was close to beating Frankie
Aldo - prime Aldo does not lose to wrestle boxers

The fact multiple people think Volkanovski is a wrestle boxer shows how stupid this forum is.

2010 Cain toys with 2020 Stipe, 2010 Jones actually mauled 2010 Shogun lol, thats no fantasy matchup.

Silva
GSP
Khabib
Aldo

There’s only so much time you can skimp out on talent before top athletes start looking for other venues of income.

Seem like U Fight Cheap can’t draw talent like it once did.

<31>

They pay more now than ever before, though. If top talent came back then, it would make sense for them to be more eager to come to the UFC now. Mind you, when you have PFL handing out a million to jobbers...

The fact multiple people think Volkanovski is a wrestle boxer shows how stupid this forum is.
Can you educate us? Does Rugby make him an a-level athlete?

The Aldo that fought Volkanovski was tentative and had cardio issues. Prime Aldo was a very different fighter.

Gsp is not beating Usman. Usman is the superior athlete.

Gsp would never, ever be able to compete with Usman. It's just not a real possibility! I am on the Izzy war wagon but he didnt fight prime Andy, nor could any mw in the short history of mma. Stioe would put Cain way within 10 minutes

2010 Cain probably mauls 2020 Stipe, but Stipe could catch 'em.

2020 Jones probably wins a lopsided decision off of 2010 Shogun.

2010 Silva fucking bodies 2020 Adesanya.

2010 GSP wins a close, but clear decision over 2020 Usman.

2020 Khabib just crushes 2010 Frankie.

2010 Aldo wins a wide UD on 2020 Volk. Too fast, too explosive.

2010 Cruz and 2020 Cejudo is a toss up.
Stipe beats Cain

And I agree with everything else. I'd favor Cejudo over Cruz, but it's close

Cain
Jones
Silva
GSP
Aldo vs. Volk tricky because Volk just won the belt from Holloway. Holloway dominated Aldo. 2010 Aldo beats Volk.

Can you educate us? Does Rugby make him an a-level athlete?

The Aldo that fought Volkanovski was tentative and had cardio issues. Prime Aldo was a very different fighter.

Aldo has been a tentative low output fighter nearly his entire career as champ.

Also hes always had cardio issues. Will constantly amaze me how bad people's memories are.

Edgar 1
Edgar 2
Lamas
Zombie
Florian

All fights in his prime where he was tentative and played the out or counter fighter.

Volkanovski is so underrated it's a god damn travesty. Guy out smarted and out struck 2 of the sports best strikers yet gets no credit.

Not sure what being an A level athlete has to do with anything. If as anything fight IQ has more to do with it. Alex and city kickboxing have implemented flawless gameplans recently

Except Khabib and Jones, I picked all the old champs. I think prime Silva, GSP, Cain, Aldo would have brutalized their counterparts.

I wonder why people are so confident with Cain. Because he beat Brock and Nog? Seems more of a wisful thinking to me.

I favour Aldo and GSP of old champs. Israel probably wont get the respect that he deserves because of his goofy style of promoting himself but he is really good. I might go with Silva but not sure.

"Shogun is going to chop down Jon's chicken legs with leg kicks"

"Jon is only a white belt. Shogun by sub"

<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh><36>

Volk would’ve fought a 2010 Aldo differently than your perception and knocked that filthy animal out.

Back