20 Questions with Jerry Millen

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I think all signs point to Fedor being in Bellator with him just being at their event, but we will see. I would think we will know something in the next month or 2. Bellator makes the most sense since Fedor doesn't like being tied down and with them he could fight in the U.S., Russia and Japan.
I think we will know where he's headed pretty soon. Because he already has a training camp planned. (starts in the middle of August)

I think we will know where he's headed pretty soon. Because he already has a training camp planned. (starts in the middle of August)

Hope he trains good for this fight and comes in with a better plan than he did against Fabio. I think he will.

Hope he trains good for this fight and comes in with a better plan than he did against Fabio. I think he will.
I thought he would have learned from his losses to Hendo and bigfoot....hoping he changes it

I thought he would have learned from his losses to Hendo and bigfoot....hoping he changes it

Well you have to remember that Hendo and Bigfoot were over 5 years ago. Plus he probably didn't consider Maldonado to be on their level. Fedor looked great in his last 3 fights before his retirement. He also fought smart against Jaideep (took it to the ground pretty quickly since Jaideep is dangerous on the feet).

The most disappointing thing to me wasn't that Fedor got caught coming in, but that he refused to change gameplans and take Maldonado down. He kept standing with him, even though it was very dangerous for him, especially after being rocked so early in the fight. I hope to see Fedor fighting smarter in the future. He still has power, speed and a heck of a chin, but at 40 years old he shouldn't keep pressing his luck.

Yeah, I think he trained good for Jaideep but then he may have took Fabio too lightly. I think he only trained with his younger fight club for that fight and he should have taken that fight to the floor and won it there IMO.

Well you have to remember that Hendo and Bigfoot were over 5 years ago. Plus he probably didn't consider Maldonado to be on their level. Fedor looked great in his last 3 fights before his retirement. He also fought smart against Jaideep (took it to the ground pretty quickly since Jaideep is dangerous on the feet).

The most disappointing thing to me wasn't that Fedor got caught coming in, but that he refused to change gameplans and take Maldonado down. He kept standing with him, even though it was very dangerous for him, especially after being rocked so early in the fight. I hope to see Fedor fighting smarter in the future. He still has power, speed and a heck of a chin, but at 40 years old he shouldn't keep pressing his luck.

I agree, that was dangerous the way he fought that fight.

I agree, that was dangerous the way he fought that fight.

Yeah, well, we will see who is he fighting next, and then pay attention to where he is training. If he goes back to Holland (where they work on his diet, weight lifting, and gameplans) I'll expect a smart Fedor. Even if he stays in Russia but brings in guys like Minakov again I'll have hope for him. If he stays with his camp and trains with his students, well, he still might win but he has a much greater chance of losing and will probably not fight as smart or be as strong. Fedor lost a good bit of muscle between the Jaideep fight and the Maldonado fight.

Yeah, well, we will see who is he fighting next, and then pay attention to where he is training. If he goes back to Holland (where they work on his diet, weight lifting, and gameplans) I'll expect a smart Fedor. Even if he stays in Russia but brings in guys like Minakov again I'll have hope for him. If he stays with his camp and trains with his students, well, he still might win but he has a much greater chance of losing and will probably not fight as smart or be as strong. Fedor lost a good bit of muscle between the Jaideep fight and the Maldonado fight.

I feel same way. That will be a good indicator to how he comes out next time.

Global-mma.com: Any fond memories you want to share from Pride?

Jerry Millen: There are so many great moments from PRIDE it is hard to single out just one. Besides the great respect shown by the fighters to each other something that really stands out is the warrior spirit each one had. One particular thing that showed me just how much heart fighters have is when Wanderlei Silva fought Dan Henderson on our PRIDE Las Vegas show. Wanderlei Silva is one of the best examples of a “true” warrior and a great competitor. On that Vegas show Wand had strep throat and the night before the fight was in the hospital getting it treated. If you saw that fight (which Wand lost) he could barley breath and wasn’t himself. But he refused to withdraw from the fight because he knew what it meant to the fans and to PRIDE.

That’s why he is one of my favorite fighters as he is always ready to go. It is a true testament to who he is when a fighter goes that extra mile to assure the fans get what they came for. He doesn’t know the word quit and you can tell this every time the bell rings. That’s why when fans boo a fighter who step into battle it upsets me because unless you fight you have zero idea what these guys go thru everyday from training to fighting. PRIDE was the greatest MMA event in the world and will never be matched as it was a different era but it will NEVER be forgotten…. PRIDE NEVER DIE!

Global-mma.com: I believe originally, the Open Weight GP was going to be an 8-man tournament. Recently it was announced that it would be a 14-man tournament, with two fighters receiving a bye in the first round. Was this decision made to give more fighters a chance to show off their skills and make an impression?

Jerry Millen: Yes, RIZIN has grown so quickly and we are being approached on a daily basis by organizations from all over the World who want to work with us that we decided to open the field. Being that the RIZIN concept has been so incredibly accepted why not give as many fighters a chance to participate as possible? It’s a great thing for fans and fighters alike!

Check out the rest, including Fedor news, here: http://www.global-mma.com/t13515-20-questions-with-rizin-vp-jerry-millen

This guys a total Shill... how does he even have time to be running Rizing while being full time Fedor Ministry of Propaganda.

This guys a total Shill... how does he even have time to be running Rizing while being full time Fedor Ministry of Propaganda.

Not a shill, Fedor doesn't need fake propaganda since he is MMA GOAT which even the people of Brazil claimed when Anderson Silva was at his peak.

Not a shill, Fedor doesn't need fake propaganda since he is MMA GOAT which even the people of Brazil claimed when Anderson Silva was at his peak.

Im not saying Fedor isn't GOAT but his carrer decisions after Pride were mostly horrible. And after coming out of retirement got really bad.

Milen was in full shill mode doing damage control for all of them and always defending poor opponent choices, instead of trying to get Fedor on track not in cahoots w some corrupt Russian billionaire feeding him cans.

Fedor could fight CJ Punk and Millen would come up with statements on how great a fight it is. The guys a total tool.

Im not saying Fedor isn't GOAT but his carrer decisions after Pride were mostly horrible. And after coming out of retirement got really bad.

Milen was in full shill mode doing damage control for all of them and always defending poor opponent choices, instead of trying to get Fedor on track not in cahoots w some corrupt Russian billionaire feeding him cans.

Fedor could fight CJ Punk and Millen would come up with statements on how great a fight it is. The guys a total tool.

I didn't like the Jaideep fight but Fedor wanted a warm-up fight after a 3 year layoff which is understandable. The Fabio fight was alright on paper but then turned out to be one of the more entertaining fights of the year so far. I'd like to see Fedor taking on the top fighters outside UFC, if he doesn't plan on signing with UFC, which may happen soon since he got a couple turn-up fights in now.

I didn't like the Jaideep fight but Fedor wanted a warm-up fight after a 3 year layoff which is understandable. The Fabio fight was alright on paper but then turned out to be one of the more entertaining fights of the year so far. I'd like to see Fedor taking on the top fighters outside UFC, if he doesn't plan on signing with UFC, which may happen soon since he got a couple turn-up fights in now.

Ok thanks Jerry, didn't know you posted on here.

No, the Fabio was not 'all right' on paper. Look at who Anderson Silva and Aldo are fighting and who Fedor is. A UFC cut with 3 losses in a row is not all right on paper against the HW GOAT.

It was an entertaining fight but total can feeding.

Ok thanks Jerry, didn't know you posted on here.

No, the Fabio was not 'all right' on paper. Look at who Anderson Silva and Aldo are fighting and who Fedor is. A UFC cut with 3 losses in a row is not all right on paper against the HW GOAT.

It was an entertaining fight but total can feeding.

LOL...I am not Jerry Millen. Fabio was a big step up from Jaideep. It wasn't the best fight for Fedor but wasn't too bad on paper. I think they tried to get KSW champ, Bedorf, to fight Fedor and were looking at other options but Fabio was the fight they made. If he remains with the global orgs., I'd like to start seeing him fight the best HWs outside UFC soon. He's had a couple fights after a long 3 year layoff so now may be a good time to step up the competition in my opinion but that is up to Fedor and where he feels he is at.

LOL...I am not Jerry Millen. Fabio was a big step up from Jaideep. It wasn't the best fight for Fedor but wasn't too bad on paper. I think they tried to get KSW champ, Bedorf, to fight Fedor and were looking at other options but Fabio was the fight they made. If he remains with the global orgs., I'd like to start seeing him fight the best HWs outside UFC soon. He's had a couple fights after a long 3 year layoff so now may be a good time to step up the competition in my opinion but that is up to Fedor and where he feels he is at.

Whomever you are responding to I have blocked, as I can't stand to listen to people with vacuous thinking, but I found it hilarious that he apparently thinks you are Jerry Millen. I always find it funny that when stupid people run into someone who disagrees with their lack of thought process, they assume you are an inside man working for a company and trying to promote it by responding to a handful of people on an MMA forum.

Whomever you are responding to I have blocked, as I can't stand to listen to people with vacuous thinking, but I found it hilarious that he apparently thinks you are Jerry Millen. I always find it funny that when stupid people run into someone who disagrees with their lack of thought process, they assume you are an inside man working for a company and trying to promote it by responding to a handful of people on an MMA forum.

Yeah, that's not the first time I've seen that. Never been called Jerry Millen before though, LOL.

Yeh it was reasonable, Fedor shouldn't be rushed to competition at his level but start way below and then in 3-4 years fight someone maybe 2 levels below him.

Thanks Jerry. Too bad you didn't know Fedor urinated in these bushes first.
vn0yvp.jpg

Yeh it was reasonable, Fedor shouldn't be rushed to competition at his level but start way below and then in 3-4 years fight someone maybe 2 levels below him.

Thanks Jerry. Too bad you didn't know Fedor urinated in these bushes first.
vn0yvp.jpg

It was a warm-up fight after a 3 year layoff.

And I said, I'm not Jerry Millen so quit trying to hurt my feelings...LOL

It was a warm-up fight after a 3 year layoff.

And I said, I'm not Jerry Millen so quit trying to hurt my feelings...LOL

Just admit you're Jerry nobody else would believe his cr**

Back