20 Questions with Jerry Millen

I really don't like Millen. He's a slimeball, and the whole thing with Danas mom was over the line. Fedor has a tendency to associate himself with shady characters...

Anyway, would loooove to see him in the UFC. He's had his warmup fights, the UFC has been sold, if he can get a good contract, the time is now. Don't know if he can win, not if he shows up like he did against Fabio, but I would love to see it anyway. Now more than ever, oddly enough.

Do you guys think it's a real possibility? I'm thinking he'll probably end up as a free agent, or at Bellator. Crossing my fingers for the UFC though, but ultimately it's his decision.

Anyway, would loooove to see him in the UFC. He's had his warmup fights, the UFC has been sold, if he can get a good contract, the time is now. Don't know if he can win, not if he shows up like he did against Fabio, but I would love to see it anyway. Now more than ever, oddly enough.

Do you guys think it's a real possibility? I'm thinking he'll probably end up as a free agent, or at Bellator. Crossing my fingers for the UFC though, but ultimately it's his decision.

I'm not sure. Like you said, it is ultimately his decision either way. That's about as far as I know as well.

I'm not sure. Like you said, it is ultimately his decision either way. That's about as far as I know as well.
Thanks, and thank you for your good work on here.

LOL. Jerry is VP of a major JMMA organization. I respect his accomplishments.

He's a fucking snake. He got his position by deceitful actions and taking advantage of others.

I really don't like Millen. He's a slimeball, and the whole thing with Danas mom was over the line. Fedor has a tendency to associate himself with shady characters...

Signing with the ufc would associate Fedor with the most smiley, morally reprehensible person in MMA, dana white.

Signing with the ufc would associate Fedor with the most smiley, morally reprehensible person in MMA, dana white.
Dana is pretty shady, don't get me wrong, but it's not the same thing.

Dana is the promoter of the UFC, Fedor will barely have any contact with him. Even if he was his direct superior, it would be out of his hands.

Millen is a confidant, a manager, a "friend" and personally chosen to represent Fedors face and image to the world. Therein the distinction.

Also, While I think Dana can be a douche, he has done a lot for the sport as well and he does have a few redeeming qualities. Millen on the other hand, I haven't seen anyone yet. Disliking him is probably the only thing Sherdog can agree on. That should tell you something right there. But hey, I don't know the man personally.

Dana is the promoter of the UFC, Fedor will barely have any contact with him. Even if he was his direct superior, it would be out of his hands.

Millen is a confidant, a manager, a "friend" and personally chosen to represent Fedors face and image to the world. Therein the distinction.

Also, While I think Dana can be a douche, he has done a lot for the sport as well and he does have a few redeeming qualities. Millen on the other hand, I haven't seen anyone yet. Disliking him is probably the only thing Sherdog can agree on. That should tell you something right there. But hey, I don't know the man personally.

Dana hasn't done anything for the sport, except attract terrible human beings to it who would be just like him if they had power. The ultimate fighter show is what put them on the map and he was against it. People bash Millen but the worst I have seen thrown against him was he changed his name. That should tell you something.

Dana hasn't done anything for the sport, except attract terrible human beings to it who would be just like him if they had power. The ultimate fighter show is what put them on the map and he was against it. People bash Millen but the worst I have seen thrown against him was he changed his name. That should tell you something.
I could care less about his name change. I didn't even remember it untill you just brought it up.

Do we really have to do this? Quadros couldn't stand him, he got Quadros fired right?, Mauro couldn't stand him, Bas spoke out in lenght against him and so did Trigg. Basicly everyone he was working with in Pride. Didn't he also con his way into his position by lying about his credentials?

Last year Mauro posted this tweet: "Too bad the worst person I have ever encountered in MMA is in the cage ! #YouKnowWhoIMean" in regards to Millen.

He's a huge instigator and provocateur. I remember some old Affliction videos of him being a huge sleeseball and acting all douchy. He also seemed like a guy that didn't really understand social cues, he was always in peoples faces and he didn't really know anything about the art of MMA. I'm leaving his personal decision to die his spiky hair alone. He just gives off a very shady vibe. Not to mention all the characters he himself associated with, like M-1, which he now trashes.

I understand he had some beef with Dana, but really, interviewing the guys mom in an attempt to get back at him? That's just crossing the line. The dude is a huge troll.

I would think that Fedor is the antithesis of all those things, but they do go back a while and they both dislike Dana, so there's that.

I could care less about his name change. I didn't even remember it untill you just brought it up.

It's the #1 thing I see people bash him for, because it's what Bas Rutten used against him.

Do we really have to do this?

If you are going to call someone a slime ball and bash him, yes. Assertions need to be backed up with actual facts.

Quadros couldn't stand him, he got Quadros fired right?, Mauro couldn't stand him, Bas spoke out in lenght against him and so did Trigg. Basicly everyone he was working with in Pride. Didn't he also con his way into his position by lying about his credentials?

No clue. I did see Bas Rutten talk about him, and the worst thing he said was Millen changed his name. If that's the worst he has, that tells me something. "Basically everyone he was working with in Pride", except the leadership in Pride that hired him as the VP of Rizin. And Fedor obviously has no problem with him. Wanderlei Silva has no problem with him. Cro Cop obviously has no problem with him as he just signed with the company he is VP of. etc.

I know Bas is popular around here, but I don't take what he says as Gospel since he also always talked great about Overeem (saying he was the #1 HW) until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was a glass chinned can crusher and every time Bas mentioned his name you could hear the hate and how personal he was taking it in his voice. Not to mention, Bas himself talks about the millions of street fights he has been in, and everytime claims he was some innocent guy just minding his own business when someone attacked him. He is either the most unlucky guy in the world or he likes to street fight. I'm not even saying Bas is a bad guy, he just seems to take things very personal from the couple of examples I know of.

Last year Mauro posted this tweet: "Too bad the worst person I have ever encountered in MMA is in the cage ! #YouKnowWhoIMean" in regards to Millen.

Mauro not liking Millen for behind the scenes type of stuff is something I have no knowledge of since I wasn't there. I have no reason to take any side on it or care about it.

He's a huge instigator and provocateur. I remember some old Affliction videos of him being a huge sleeseball and acting all douchy. He also seemed like a guy that didn't really understand social cues, he was always in peoples faces and he didn't really know anything about the art of MMA. I'm leaving his personal decision to die his spiky hair alone. He just gives off a very shady vibe. Not to mention all the characters he himself associated with, like M-1, which he now trashes.

I understand he had some beef with Dana, but really, interviewing the guys mom in an attempt to get back at him? That's just crossing the line. The dude is a huge troll.

I would think that Fedor is the antithesis of all those things, but they do go back a while and they both dislike Dana, so there's that.

So he gives off a "shady vibe" to you and he dyes his hair. Got it. We will just have to agree to disagree, but all I know is guys with honor like Fedor keep him in their company, and he has been great about answering questions for the fans. Even in his last interview I heard today Bas Rutten was brought up and Jerry said nothing about him negative at all, when he had the chance to.

It's the #1 thing I see people bash him for, because it's what Bas Rutten used against him.

If you are going to call someone a slime ball and bash him, yes. Assertions need to be backed up with actual facts.

No clue. I did see Bas Rutten talk about him, and the worst thing he said was Millen changed his name. If that's the worst he has, that tells me something. "Basically everyone he was working with in Pride", except the leadership in Pride that hired him as the VP of Rizin. And Fedor obviously has no problem with him. Wanderlei Silva has no problem with him. Cro Cop obviously has no problem with him as he just signed with the company he is VP of. etc.

I know Bas is popular around here, but I don't take what he says as Gospel since he also always talked great about Overeem (saying he was the #1 HW) until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was a glass chinned can crusher and every time Bas mentioned his name you could hear the hate and how personal he was taking it in his voice. Not to mention, Bas himself talks about the millions of street fights he has been in, and everytime claims he was some innocent guy just minding his own business when someone attacked him. He is either the most unlucky guy in the world or he likes to street fight. I'm not even saying Bas is a bad guy, he just seems to take things very personal from the couple of examples I know of.

Mauro not liking Millen for behind the scenes type of stuff is something I have no knowledge of since I wasn't there. I have no reason to take any side on it or care about it.

So he gives off a "shady vibe" to you and he dyes his hair. Got it. We will just have to agree to disagree, but all I know is guys with honor like Fedor keep him in their company, and he has been great about answering questions for the fans. Even in his last interview I heard today Bas Rutten was brought up and Jerry said nothing about him negative at all, when he had the chance to.

Very good post.

People can hate all they want, but the guy has been great to talk to. He took time to answer questions and interact with the fans. But of course this is sherdog, being reasonable isn't something that flies around here.

Thank you for taking the time to interview him and post it here. I personally cannot stand Millen, but that's besides the point. You still took the time and he took the time and honesty to do the interview.

It's the #1 thing I see people bash him for, because it's what Bas Rutten used against him. If you are going to call someone a slime ball and bash him, yes. Assertions need to be backed up with actual facts.

I am not the biggest Bas fan on here either, but I'll take his word on this one. You're claiming that the worst he said was that Millen changed his name, that couldn't be more wrong. He mentioned it briefly. Here is the interview, it's from 2007:
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/

He goes on about how Millen didn't know MMA, was fed an earpeace, didn't like Quadros, didn't like Mauro, abused his power and so forth. Read it, it sounds pretty genuine, especially considering all the involved parts have said as much. Also apparently he didn't even know what a Kimura was.

Trigg said the same: http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-frank-trigg-still-holds-grudge-against-fool-jerry-millen/
Mauro said the same, as I mentioned.

After Quadros was "mysteriously" fired, he took his place: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18598

You can't use the argument that because some fighters signed to an organisation where he is affiliated, that somehow proves he is this great guy. That makes no sense.

This is what I mean about personal space and such:

This is what I mean about he is a troll, he's obsessed with Dana:

Add to that, that he specificly targeted Danas mother in order to further his personal vendetta against him and all that adds up to a douche. It's not just "he changed his name, he died his hair". Those arguments are pretty shallow.

Now, I'm not one of those guys that particularly like either Dana, nor Bas, but it adds up. The only reason he is in any position of power right now is because he is Fedors manager. Who are his allies in the US based promotions? Is he the right man to strike a deal with the UFC, or even Bellator? He might even be standing in the way of at least a UFC contract.

Fedor apparently likes him, and he probably has some good qualities, but based on what I've seen I just don't like the guy. That's based on his persona, his interviews, his statements, his actions and his history. Ultimately it's no big deal really. He doesn't care what I think and it's not like I hate the guy. I don't know him. Most important part is Fedor, politics aside.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to interview him and post it here. I personally cannot stand Millen, but that's besides the point. You still took the time and he took the time and honesty to do the interview.

No problem, thanks for checking it out.

I am not the biggest Bas fan on here either, but I'll take his word on this one. You're claiming that the worst he said was that Millen changed his name, that couldn't be more wrong. He mentioned it briefly. Here is the interview, it's from 2007:
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/

He goes on about how Millen didn't know MMA, was fed an earpeace, didn't like Quadros, didn't like Mauro, abused his power and so forth. Read it, it sounds pretty genuine, especially considering all the involved parts have said as much. Also apparently he didn't even know what a Kimura was.

Trigg said the same: http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-frank-trigg-still-holds-grudge-against-fool-jerry-millen/
Mauro said the same, as I mentioned.

After Quadros was "mysteriously" fired, he took his place: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18598

You can't use the argument that because some fighters signed to an organisation where he is affiliated, that somehow proves he is this great guy. That makes no sense.

This is what I mean about personal space and such:

This is what I mean about he is a troll, he's obsessed with Dana:

Add to that, that he specificly targeted Danas mother in order to further his personal vendetta against him and all that adds up to a douche. It's not just "he changed his name, he died his hair". Those arguments are pretty shallow.

Now, I'm not one of those guys that particularly like either Dana, nor Bas, but it adds up. The only reason he is in any position of power right now is because he is Fedors manager. Who are his allies in the US based promotions? Is he the right man to strike a deal with the UFC, or even Bellator? He might even be standing in the way of at least a UFC contract.

Fedor apparently likes him, and he probably has some good qualities, but based on what I've seen I just don't like the guy. That's based on his persona, his interviews, his statements, his actions and his history. Ultimately it's no big deal really. He doesn't care what I think and it's not like I hate the guy. I don't know him. Most important part is Fedor, politics aside.

Like I said, we will have to agree to disagree. I wasn't around for any backstage stuff, and neither was anyone else on sherdog.

He isn't Fedor's manager though. As far as allies in the US based promotions, Bellator works with Rizin and Jerry Millen was on a Bellator card when Fedor announced he was coming back I believe. Obviously he is fine to strike a deal with Bellator since they are already working together. I don't want Fedor to go to the ufc so I am fine with Millen standing in the way of that, if he is.

Like I said, we will have to agree to disagree. I wasn't around for any backstage stuff, and neither was anyone else on sherdog.

He isn't Fedor's manager though. As far as allies in the US based promotions, Bellator works with Rizin and Jerry Millen was on a Bellator card when Fedor announced he was coming back I believe. Obviously he is fine to strike a deal with Bellator since they are already working together. I don't want Fedor to go to the ufc so I am fine with Millen standing in the way of that, if he is.

If Millen really did keep him out of UFC than big points to Millen. Want to see Fedor v Bedorf/Kharitinov/Rosholt for his next fight (depending on who is available and who he is willing to fight).

Back